Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

I don't have a problem with this BUT there seems to be some other stuff that went on which needs to be explained by UA.

Like what happened to him the first time he was taken off and returned all battered and bruised.

-

Similar thing happened to me in Joburg last year...British Airways flight back to London was overbooked and I was told at check in that they fuc ked up and I'll just have to keep checking back to see if there was room or they would compensate me. Ultimately missed the flight but there was leaving an hour later and they bumped me up to Business class at no extra charge. It was pretty sweet..

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can't help but notice that your argument seems to have de-escalated somewhat from 'This is a moral, legal and humanitarian outrage!' to 'This is poor customer relations!', p.
    Not really. My point is that I might at least respect an airline that publicly declares that it will exercise its rights under a contract and do whatever the hell it likes to you for its own convenience. However, an airline that publicly makes all the right noises in its own PR and then merrily chooses to act like this is thoroughly dishonest. I cannot respect that.

I am not fashioning some moral outrage here. Its just in this instance the airline has acted in a ludicrous fashion and although they can claim to have acted within their rights under the contract, any reasonable person will see this and think it absurd.

If anything I am staggered by their willingness to act like this. Its terrible for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, a chap with some dignity and a regard for the rule of law.

Sucks to be me.
    Until you fancy a line of coke and a bit of weed, of course. Then the law can go and **** itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not really. My point is that I might at least respect an airline that publicly declares that it will exercise its rights under a contract and do whatever the hell it likes to you for its own convenience. However, an airline that publicly makes all the right noises in its own PR and then merrily chooses to act like this is thoroughly dishonest. I cannot respect that.

I am not fashioning some moral outrage here. Its just in this instance the airline has acted in a ludicrous fashion and although they can claim to have acted within their rights under the contract, any reasonable person will see this and think it absurd.

If anything I am staggered by their willingness to act like this. Its terrible for everyone.
    It's profoundly heavy-handed, incredibly bad PR and is self-inflicted at least inasmuch as it has come about in large part as a result of the company's business practices. On that I wouldn't disagree.

Where I don't agree is with any suggestion that this man behaved correctly, was an entirely innocent party or was within his rights to stay on the plane come what may. He wasn't and the company had the legal right to shift him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, a chap with some dignity and a regard for the rule of law.

Sucks to be me.
    ....Aaaaaaannnnnd, The Guardian have decided it was racist.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ear?CMP=twt_gu

It's profoundly heavy-handed, incredibly bad PR and is self-inflicted at least inasmuch as it has come about in large part as a result of the company's business practices. On that I wouldn't disagree.

Where I don't agree is with any suggestion that this man behaved correctly, was an entirely innocent party or was within his rights to stay on the plane come what may. He wasn't and the company had the legal right to shift him.
    Bless you awimb - this is exactly the sort of thread I came on here to see today.

ftr United is a **** of a company and anyone writing how they are "reaching out" to the disaffected passenger deserves everything coming to him.

The whole thing seems very infantile anyway

What rubbish. Some of you pretend to be law-abiders by sticking up for an incompetent behemoth who chooses to set thugs on their clients to cover up their incompetence.

Come back to this thread when UA have been forced to make the gigantic payout they will have to make and we'll see who was right.

But you never come back when you've been proved wrong do you? Just airbrush it into another failed trolling episode.

He had a legal right to be on the plane. Disputes of this nature are not normally resolved by baseball bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bless you awimb - this is exactly the sort of thread I came on here to see today.

ftr United is a **** of a company and anyone writing how they are "reaching out" to the disaffected passenger deserves everything coming to him.

The whole thing seems very infantile anyway
    And we are 3 points behind them now

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    What rubbish. Some of you pretend to be law-abiders by sticking up for an incompetent behemoth who chooses to set thugs on their clients to cover up their incompetence.

Come back to this thread when UA have been forced to make the gigantic payout they will have to make and we'll see who was right.

But you never come back when you've been proved wrong do you? Just airbrush it into another failed trolling episode.
    How did they break the contract?