Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You would be absolutely entitled to your miffedness, but the fact is that it's their aeroplane at the end of the day and that means it's their rules.
    Will cost them millions imo, sop well done UA for being ****s
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Quite, couldn't they have just said that if anyone was prepared to take the next flight, they'd bump them to 1st and put them up if required? No skin off their noses, unlike the poor Doctor
    i believe they offered $800 for anyone to volunteer, but nobody did
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    There are ways and means .... that wasn't the correct way
    What would be the correct way of removing someone from their seat who was refusing to leave, without physically man-handling him, then? Should they have exercised mind control?

i believe they offered $800 for anyone to volunteer, but nobody did
    When I check in and gives me that option sometimes to change flight and get paid I always say yes.

I know that's different from actually being on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What would be the correct way of removing someone from their seat who was refusing to leave, without physically man-handling him, then? Should they have exercised mind control?
    Do the old bus driver technique. Tell everyone 'I'm not going anywhere until he decides to leave'
    Then the other passengers will tolerate this for a short time before turning on him. In the UK it would take a lot longer but the US are quick to get aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Do the old bus driver technique. Tell everyone 'I'm not going anywhere until he decides to leave'
    Then the other passengers will tolerate this for a short time before turning on him. In the UK it would take a lot longer but the US are quick to get aggressive.
    That's the one, peer group pressure

There are ways and means .... that wasn't the correct way
    I was once on an flight where they had sold my seat twice because my original flight out had been cancelled and they'd clearly cancelled my return as well and sold it to someone else. That was fun. I was prepared to be pretty bolshy, but not to the point of chaining myself to my seat. Ultimately, if they'd said I had to get off, I'd have got off.
    Fortunately, they had a spare seat. I think they were more concerned that this had been allowed to happen, since it constitutes a fairly massive breach of protocol and security. A German immigration official had to come on and rescan all our passports and tickets. Very tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    While accurate, I think at this stage that is now a technicality and will largely be lost on the millions of people who have seen that video.

It's going to cost United a fortune. Mind you, given my experience of flying United from the states (no seat-back entertainment - just TVs on the ceiling showing 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' on a constant loop - this was in 2012 - and they lost my bag), I would be happy to be given a grand and fly with someone else.
    It's odd just how appalling all Yanqui airlines are and, indeed, always have been.

I remember TWA being referred to as 'Try Walking Across' back in the day.

Quite, couldn't they have just said that if anyone was prepared to take the next flight, they'd bump them to 1st and put them up if required? No skin off their noses, unlike the poor Doctor
    I think they'd offered $1000, but no-one was taking it.

That's the one, peer group pressure
    Engine off and then just ignore everyone.

years ago when I worked in a hotel we hired a coach to go to Birmingham for a 'It's a knockout' day

We got to the service station and when we returned the coach driver had turned the engine off and the lights off and closed all the doors and just sat there. we are knocking and he ignored us. then he got out and sat on the curb.

Apparently as we had been drinking he was upset and now decided enough was enough. We had to bribe him with several items from the service station.