Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't think we disagree regarding the legal basis. My argument is more that their approach to resolving a situation that was entirely their own fault and problem was an abysmal way to treat an innocent customer caught in their incompetent cross fire.

I could use stronger words but you get the point.
    I have only seen a clip of him being dragged around. But what else happened before that? I would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    In that case what would his options be? Take it on the chin and accept the decision?
    Yes, literally, or it may have been the nose.

I would have taken the money but that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Maybe Mo should read this.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...age.aspx#sec25

in addition

RULE 21 REFUSAL OF TRANSPORT
    UA shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the aircraft at any point, any Passenger for the following reasons:

Breach of Contract of Carriage – Failure by Passenger to comply with the Rules of the Contract of Carriage.
    He didn't. And I cant see where it says they can remove you for their own convenience.

He did as he refused to leave the plane.

it says 'no one may be denied boarding against his/her will until UA or other carrier personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservations willingly in exchange for compensation as determined by UA. If there are not enough volunteers, other Passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with UA’s boarding priority:'

Now it's a bit of a grey area if boarding still counts once you are on the plane I admit that.

He didn't. And I cant see where it says they can remove you for their own convenience.
    It doesn't.. it mentions passengers who were denied boarding, he wasn't deneid as there weren't more passengers than seats, it was UA bumping people for their own staff, so in otherwords their rules don't seem to have any contingency for what happened
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He did as he refused to leave the plane.

it says 'no one may be denied boarding against his/her will until UA or other carrier personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservations willingly in exchange for compensation as determined by UA. If there are not enough volunteers, other Passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with UA’s boarding priority:'

Now it's a bit of a grey area if boarding still counts once you are on the plane I admit that.
    That was his reaction to being told to leave and thus cannot possibly have been the reason they were asking him to leave. We know why he was being asked to leave and it was nothing to do with his behaviour..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It doesn't.. it mentions passengers who were denied boarding, he wasn't deneid as there weren't more passengers than seats, it was UA bumping people for their own staff, so in otherwords their rules don't seem to have any contingency for what happened
    So it seems there is nothing in the contract that gave them the legal right to do it?

This changes things dramatically for a couple of posters

So it seems there is nothing in the contract that gave them the legal right to do it?

This changes things dramatically for a couple of posters
    Thank you Rumpole of the Bailey for fully analysing the standard terms and conditions of carriage

All carriage is subject to operational requirements. They needed to position staff, that's an operational requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thank you Rumpole of the Bailey for fully analysing the standard terms and conditions of carriage

All carriage is subject to operational requirements. They needed to position staff, that's an operational requirement.
    I am with you on this one Sir C. He broke the conditions by refusing, I would like to see how he was behaving before cops dragged him off.

And I would imagine in such an industry legal matters and the best lawyers are something they are pretty expert at.

if they give him anything it will be gesture of good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

**** me I am not going to plough through all that ****. Have you seen how long the section on ski masks is?

I imagine a man with dignity and respect for the rule of law would read them in their entirety.....between tokes