Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Sadly, their attitude towards hold luggage is equally lackadaisical

For instance, I've never been to Nashville, but my fúcking bag has.
    I also think a lot of US airports look the same when you leave. Endless shuttle buses driving past whilst I am trying to find a cab but of course smoking a cigarette first.

I like to go to Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I had an old McDonnell-Douglas from Vegas to San Fran, 1st class consisted of a marginally larger seat and a glass of Champagne on take off.
    I think I was on a flight like that. It seemed narrow but really long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think I was on a flight like that. It seemed narrow but really long.
    Yep, was actually a very pleasant flight

I had an old McDonnell-Douglas from Vegas to San Fran, 1st class consisted of a marginally larger seat and a glass of Champagne on take off.
    To be fair, I remember similar on BA on a short hop from Düsseldorf to Gatwick. By the time they'd served the Champagne and in-flight meal, you were landing.

To be fair, I remember similar on BA on a short hop from Düsseldorf to Gatwick. By the time they'd served the Champagne and in-flight meal, you were landing.
    I did feel a little bit as though I'd been diddled

You would be absolutely entitled to your miffedness, but the fact is that it's their aeroplane at the end of the day and that means it's their rules.
    That isn't strictly true though, is it. They can't do whatever they want to you just because it is their plane.

Looks like they were forced to let him back on eventually. THey look like incompetent ****s.

I did feel a little bit as though I'd been diddled
    Thankfully, I wasn't paying. I managed to work fast enough to get a couple of glasses of fizz down me.

This, of course, was back in the days when they still flew journos out to places 1st or Business.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That isn't strictly true though, is it. They can't do whatever they want to you just because it is their plane.

Looks like they were forced to let him back on eventually. THey look like incompetent ****s.
    But physical force is the ultimate sanction in that situation. If all else fails, you do have to physically remove the guy from the flight. Yes, I'm sure they could have been more creative, but they do ultimately have the right to remove you from their aircraft.

But physical force is the ultimate sanction in that situation. If all else fails, you do have to physically remove the guy from the flight. Yes, I'm sure they could have been more creative, but they do ultimately have the right to remove you from their aircraft.
    I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.
    Your first sentence is an absolute contradiction. It's their aeroplane, they make the rules, and by purchasing a ticket you enter into a contract agreeing with those rules.

"I'm not getting off this aeroplane" is the attitude of a petulant child, not a reasoning adult.