Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's odd just how appalling all Yanqui airlines are and, indeed, always have been.

I remember TWA being referred to as 'Try Walking Across' back in the day.
    They're also fúcking surly. Airlines are one place where British customer service is infinitely better than American in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think they'd offered $1000, but no-one was taking it.
    What was the route?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What was the route?
    O'Hare to Louisville KY

O'Hare to Louisville KY
    take the money. US domestic flights are like buses.

They're also fúcking surly. Airlines are one place where British customer service is infinitely better than American in my experience.
    I used to regularly take a Pan Am flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt, which originated in New York and stopped at Heathrow for fuel. The reason it couldn't get all the way to Frankfurt in one hit was that it was the world's oldest 727, rattling its way across the pond years after it should have been relegated to flying contraband in West Africa.

take the money. US domestic flights are like buses.
    Indeed and cheap as chips

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Indeed and cheap as chips
    It was quite weird on my first domestic flights over there. You see those standby screens at the gates. Looks like bingo.

Even the staff were laid back. 'This flight is going to Vegas, we may go to LA afterwards we may not.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used to regularly take a Pan Am flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt, which originated in New York and stopped at Heathrow for fuel. The reason it couldn't get all the way to Frankfurt in one hit was that it was the world's oldest 727, rattling its way across the pond years after it should have been relegated to flying contraband in West Africa.
    The aircraft they use for internal flights over there are incredibly tatty old pieces of shīt they clearly just flog and flog until they die.

It was quite weird on my first domestic flights over there. You see those standby screens at the gates. Looks like bingo.

Even the staff were laid back. 'This flight is going to Vegas, we may go to LA afterwards we may not.'
    Yes. Sadly, their attitude towards hold luggage is equally lackadaisical

For instance, I've never been to Nashville, but my fúcking bag has.

The aircraft they use for internal flights over there are incredibly tatty old pieces of shīt they clearly just flog and flog until they die.
    I had an old McDonnell-Douglas from Vegas to San Fran, 1st class consisted of a marginally larger seat and a glass of Champagne on take off.