Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

This príck on the United airlines flight.

I understand that the airline told him to get off the aircraft and he refused, and then squealed like a pig when they dragged him off?

It's their fúcking aeroplane, mate. If they tell you to get off, get off or expect to be dragged off, surely?

What a grade A ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I understand that the airline told him to get off the aircraft and he refused, and then squealed like a pig when they dragged him off?

It's their fúcking aeroplane, mate. If they tell you to get off, get off or expect to be dragged off, surely?

What a grade A ****.
    He was running up and down the plane shouting "I've got to get home! I've got to get home!" and claiming to be a doctor in a funny little sing-song voice. It was very funny.

Mind you, beating up a customer because you want to bump them for your own staff members is not a great look, PR-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was running up and down the plane shouting "I've got to get home! I've got to get home!" and claiming to be a doctor in a funny little sing-song voice. It was very funny.

Mind you, beating up a customer because you want to bump them for your own staff members is not a great look, PR-wise.
    That's the point, though. They didn't beat him up, he simply became damage because they had to use force to get him off, which is entirely his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Quite, couldn't they have just said that if anyone was prepared to take the next flight, they'd bump them to 1st and put them up if required? No skin off their noses, unlike the poor Doctor

What a grade A ****.
    Well, if I had paid for a ticket, they had accepted the ticket at check in, let me board the aeroplane and sat in the seat they had allocated me. I might be a bit pissed off to be told I was one of the lucky 4 that couldn't fly because their staff deserved the seats more
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

What a grade A ****.
    Strong letter would have sorted it.

That's the point, though. They didn't beat him up, he simply became damage because they had to use force to get him off, which is entirely his fault.
    While accurate, I think at this stage that is now a technicality and will largely be lost on the millions of people who have seen that video.

It's going to cost United a fortune. Mind you, given my experience of flying United from the states (no seat-back entertainment - just TVs on the ceiling showing 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' on a constant loop - this was in 2012 - and they lost my bag), I would be happy to be given a grand and fly with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well, if I had paid for a ticket, they had accepted the ticket at check in, let me board the aeroplane and sat in the seat they had allocated me. I might be a bit pissed off to be told I was one of the lucky 4 that couldn't fly because their staff deserved the seats more
    So you don't believe in abiding by the terms of a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

You would be absolutely entitled to your miffedness, but the fact is that it's their aeroplane at the end of the day and that means it's their rules.

So you don't believe in abiding by the terms of a contract?
    There are ways and means .... that wasn't the correct way
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar