Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It was quite weird on my first domestic flights over there. You see those standby screens at the gates. Looks like bingo.

Even the staff were laid back. 'This flight is going to Vegas, we may go to LA afterwards we may not.'
    Back in the day, Delta was having an appalling few years, planes going to the wrong airports, taxiing off the runways etc etc. David Letterman did a Top 10 Delta Airlines Advertising Slogans:

1) Delta Airlines - we may fly you directly to your hotel!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Back in the day, Delta was having an appalling few years, planes going to the wrong airports, taxiing off the runways etc etc. David Letterman did a Top 10 Delta Airlines Advertising Slogans:

1) Delta Airlines - we may fly you directly to your hotel!

Delta are, if anything, worse than UA. US Airways is fùcking ****, also - and insists on taking you everywhere via Charlotte, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a lot of wishy-washy old bóllocks.

You bought into the contract. No one forced you to. Just because playing by the rules isn't convenient for you on this occasion, you expect the other party to the contract to forego their rights.

Generation fúcking snowflake.
    You and V book a holiday in Thailand, MO in Bangkok to begin with, more luxury to follow no doubt. You step onto the BA 747 and turn left only to be told that it is overbooked and you and V will both have to travel economy, at the back, next to the bogs.

At this point you tell them 'I understand, things can't always work out, no one forced me to buy this ticket so we will happily play by the rules even if they aren't convenient to me because that's what the contract says. Now, show me and my wife to our economy seats next to the family of 8 in trackies and trainers from Basildon forthwith, I can't wait to spend 11 hours in their company!'

Yeah right

You and V book a holiday in Thailand, MO in Bangkok to begin with, more luxury to follow no doubt. You step onto the BA 747 and turn left only to be told that it is overbooked and you and V will both have to travel economy, at the back, next to the bogs.

At this point you tell them 'I understand, things can't always work out, no one forced me to buy this ticket so we will happily play by the rules even if they aren't convenient to me because that's what the contract says. Now, show me and my wife to our economy seats next to the family of 8 in trackies and trainers from Basildon forthwith, I can't wait to spend 11 hours in their company!'

Yeah right
    Trouble is, of course, that while one may argue the toss and express displeasure, beyond demanding compensation and redress (both things best done whilst not on the aircraft, there is realistically bugger all you can do about it if you are determined to take that particular flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Delta are, if anything, worse than UA. US Airways is fùcking ****, also - and insists on taking you everywhere via Charlotte, NC.
    I had a stopover at Minneapolis. It was quite good it felt like a pub.

Didn't like Atlanta though had to walk through and endless underground tunnel. Detroit airport was boring though I tried Popeyes chicken there for the first time. I don't understand the combination of chicken and a scone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Trouble is, of course, that while one may argue the toss and express displeasure, beyond demanding compensation and redress (both things best done whilst not on the aircraft, there is realistically bugger all you can do about it if you are determined to take that particular flight.
    True, but I'd express sympathy for the chap in question (and Charles and V in my scenario) regardless of how they behaved.

Such is the c*ntishness of what United did.

Yeah right
    What else am I going to say? Demand they make another seat in Business by, what magic? I'd certainly be writing them a stiff letter afterwards and I'd be expecting some recompense, but causing a great fuss and embarrassing myself and the crew would be the action of, I don't know, a cad, or perhaps a ghastly foreigner. (Canadian)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I had a stopover at Minneapolis. It was quite good it felt like a pub.

Didn't like Atlanta though had to walk through and endless underground tunnel. Detroit airport was boring though I tried Popeyes chicken there for the first time. I don't understand the combination of chicken and a scone.
    There are - apparently - throughout the US of A restaurants that specialize in serving fried chicken and waffles. Together. At the same time.

Yes, fried chicken and waffles. Utterly lost on me, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I bought a ticket to go on a plane. I didn't buy shares in the ****ing company, I just wanted a flight. Ok, to do so I have to sign something that apparently gives the airline the right to kick the **** out of me if they feel like it but that doesn't make me a willing participant in this.

What is it with old timers like you? Do you get a rod stuck up your arse when you hit forty?

Bruce would be ashamed of you.....
    You bought a ticket to travel on an aircraft with a set oif terms and conditions attached

I really can't comprehend why you find this such a difficult concept to grasp.

There are - apparently - throughout the US of A restaurants that specialize in serving fried chicken and waffles. Together. At the same time.

Yes, fried chicken and waffles. Utterly lost on me, I'm afraid.
    I have seen people put maple syrup on fried chicken. Actual humans.

There's something deeply wrong with North America, I fear.