Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.
    I agree that would have been better. However, we don't know whether the cabin crew were authorised to go above a certain point. My guess would be not.

I'd have stayed on there for a while arguing my case, but when they threatened to bring a couple of cops on board with the clear intention of dragging me off, I'd probably have decided discretion was the better part of valour.

I wouldn't have got off and I am a very reasonable person indeed. They should have raised the offer until someone accepted it. It isn't rocket science.
    I wouldn't have got off either. Not unless it was a medical emergency. Certainly not for airline staff, they could have flown on another plane.

"Physical force" is not the "ultimate sanction" when it comes from those not entitled to use it. At that point it is common assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I wouldn't have got off either. Not unless it was a medical emergency. Certainly not for airline staff, they could have flown on another plane.

"Physical force" is not the "ultimate sanction" when it comes from those not entitled to use it. At that point it is common assault.
    The people who took them off were cops and thus were entitled to use force.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Your first sentence is an absolute contradiction. It's their aeroplane, they make the rules, and by purchasing a ticket you enter into a contract agreeing with those rules.

"I'm not getting off this aeroplane" is the attitude of a petulant child, not a reasoning adult.
    Don't be ridiculous. It is an absurd situation that is completely their own fault and falling back on 'its our plane, we make the rules' is a direct contradiction of every statement they make with regard to customer service. Its dishonest, lazy and piss-poor conduct.

They may well have the right to do it but that is a right they shouldn't be exercising, and certainly not in this manner.

****s. Worse than BA and that is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The people who took them off were cops and thus were entitled to use force.
    I believe one of them has been suspended for his use of force in this instance. They are empower to use reasonable force and I think the point is that this does not appear reasonable.

Your first sentence is an absolute contradiction. It's their aeroplane, they make the rules, and by purchasing a ticket you enter into a contract agreeing with those rules.

"I'm not getting off this aeroplane" is the attitude of a petulant child, not a reasoning adult.
    like a reverse Mr T.

Don't be ridiculous. It is an absurd situation that is completely their own fault and falling back on 'its our plane, we make the rules' is a direct contradiction of every statement they make with regard to customer service. Its dishonest, lazy and piss-poor conduct.

They may well have the right to do it but that is a right they shouldn't be exercising, and certainly not in this manner.

****s. Worse than BA and that is saying something.
    What a lot of wishy-washy old bóllocks.

You bought into the contract. No one forced you to. Just because playing by the rules isn't convenient for you on this occasion, you expect the other party to the contract to forego their rights.

Generation fúcking snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I agree that would have been better. However, we don't know whether the cabin crew were authorised to go above a certain point. My guess would be not.

I'd have stayed on there for a while arguing my case, but when they threatened to bring a couple of cops on board with the clear intention of dragging me off, I'd probably have decided discretion was the better part of valour.
    Let's be clear, with me it would never have got that far. I would have been very open to offers and would have taken the money earlier in the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    like a reverse Mr T.

What a lot of wishy-washy old bóllocks.

You bought into the contract. No one forced you to. Just because playing by the rules isn't convenient for you on this occasion, you expect the other party to the contract to forego their rights.

Generation fúcking snowflake.
    I bought a ticket to go on a plane. I didn't buy shares in the ****ing company, I just wanted a flight. Ok, to do so I have to sign something that apparently gives the airline the right to kick the **** out of me if they feel like it but that doesn't make me a willing participant in this.

What is it with old timers like you? Do you get a rod stuck up your arse when you hit forty?

Bruce would be ashamed of you.....