Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
It isn't remotely difficult to grasp. As far as I am aware those clauses are inserted for legal reasons to cover the airline in the event of genuine emergencies and so forth. THey are not designed to be a convenient fall back to help with their own administrative and operational needs.

Our contracts with students allow us to remove a student from their course at any time without explanation. It goes without saying we have never done it and never will. Falling back on these clauses in a contract is the act of an utter ****.

And I have now used the term plane about 5 times. Will you please take the ****ing bait!
Those clauses are in the contract for whatever reasons the airline decides. On this occasion I believe the issue was positioning some crew, an operation requirement which, according to the terms of the contract, takes precedence over some pleb taking up a valuable seat.

How you treat your schoolchidren is entirely up to you, but has no bearing on how an airline should run its business.

I have explained to you many times the difference between a heavier-than-air flying machine and a tool used in carpentry; I am afraid it is now for you to choose to be right, or to be wrong.