Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 173

Thread: This príck on the United airlines flight.

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    He had a legal right to be on the plane. Disputes of this nature are not normally resolved by baseball bats.
    I'm pretty sure he didn't have a legal right.

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    He had a legal right to be on the plane. Disputes of this nature are not normally resolved by baseball bats.
    Aircraft. And no, he had no such legal right.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    And we are 3 points behind them now
    FFS Pat - trying not think about that

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Aircraft. And no, he had no such legal right.
    Maybe Mo should read this.

    https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...age.aspx#sec25

    in addition

    RULE 21 REFUSAL OF TRANSPORT
    UA shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the aircraft at any point, any Passenger for the following reasons:

    Breach of Contract of Carriage – Failure by Passenger to comply with the Rules of the Contract of Carriage.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 04-11-2017 at 11:35 AM.

  5. #95

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How did they break the contract?
    By being racist, apparently.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I understand that the airline told him to get off the aircraft and he refused, and then squealed like a pig when they dragged him off?

    It's their fúcking aeroplane, mate. If they tell you to get off, get off or expect to be dragged off, surely?

    What a grade A cúnt.

    I'd be interested to know what the criteria was that resulted in these particular individuals being chosen. Was it last checked in or last to book seats, was it at random or was there another reason?

    Regardless, United do come out of this looking like grade A c*nts.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's profoundly heavy-handed, incredibly bad PR and is self-inflicted at least inasmuch as it has come about in large part as a result of the company's business practices. On that I wouldn't disagree.

    Where I don't agree is with any suggestion that this man behaved correctly, was an entirely innocent party or was within his rights to stay on the plane come what may. He wasn't and the company had the legal right to shift him.
    I don't think we disagree regarding the legal basis. My argument is more that their approach to resolving a situation that was entirely their own fault and problem was an abysmal way to treat an innocent customer caught in their incompetent cross fire.

    I could use stronger words but you get the point.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'd be interested to know what the criteria was that resulted in these particular individuals being chosen. Was it last checked in or last to book seats, was it at random or was there another reason?

    Regardless, United do come out of this looking like grade A c*nts.
    Ticket class (ie how much you paid), frequent flyer status..basically they choose whoever's custom they care about the least.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ticket class (ie how much you paid), frequent flyer status..basically they choose whoever's custom they care about the least.
    In that case what would his options be? Take it on the chin and accept the decision?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •