Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This feels like the end of the Terry Neill years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    At least in those days we had Charlie Nick to hang our hopes on

Our remaining seven league games all look eminently loseable at this point.

It's important to keep things in perspective, though. We've had an amazing 20 years at or near the top; it's our team for a few years of struggle. Perhaps we can get back to enjoying the small triumphs again.
    Sad scenes and I say that as one who can casually dismiss it all as being simple a game, which of course it is.

I blame Wenger personally and entirely. So much around the club at the moment appears from the outside to be shambolic from playing performance to imminent future planning to supporter behaviour to catering.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sad scenes and I say that as one who can casually dismiss it all as being simple a game, which of course it is.

I blame Wenger personally and entirely. So much around the club at the moment appears from the outside to be shambolic from playing performance to imminent future planning to supporter behaviour to catering.
    I'm sure everything is under control, sw.

My word. Watching a Don Howe team now would open a few people's eyes to how dire football can be.
    I don't watch a lot of lower league football, but I do wonder how low you'd have to go these days until you hit the level of crapness required to be a mid-table First Division side in the early 80s.

At least in those days we had Charlie Nick to hang our hopes on

Our remaining seven league games all look eminently loseable at this point.

It's important to keep things in perspective, though. We've had an amazing 20 years at or near the top; it's our team for a few years of struggle. Perhaps we can get back to enjoying the small triumphs again.
    You are correct, sad times

It's a boring soap opera, Wenger playing around, it's ****ed the players, it's ****ed the season, ****ed the next season, and divided the fans more than ever. We've even got idiots fighting each other at the emirates. I mean what the hell is going on here.

I blame Kroenke, the rot starts at the top and the fact that he just seems happy for us to coast along with no specific goals being set

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    His stubbornness is remarkable.
    As much as anything because of how intelligent he is. As you say, remarkable.

I'm sure everything is under control, sw.
    Perhaps so but then they are doing a fine job to suggest otherwise, 7 or whatever games from the end of the season and a large degree of uncertainty about who will be leading the team come July 1.

But then we can relax as we are always told we are a club that does things correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I blame Kroenke, the rot starts at the top and the fact that he just seems happy for us to coast along with no specific goals being set
    Thing is PSRB we have spent money and we have some top players. (or I thought we did). We just turn up every match the same way and it doesn't work like it used to.

They can't have all turned ****. We've got world cup winners in the squad. You can replace the players and it's the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't watch a lot of lower league football, but I do wonder how low you'd have to go these days until you hit the level of crapness required to be a mid-table First Division side in the early 80s.
    Easier just to take a Pulis team and medically extract all the skill.