Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: :hehe: imagine if he chooses tonight to say that the two year deal is signed.

We are wealthier than Liverpool. Our natural position - moneywise - is 4th which is why it's difficult to criticise when we achieve at least that. This season we are looking at 6th, maybe even 7th. That is underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I just want the season to end now. He will definitely stay so let's get behind him next year. Too many players have let him down (not just their performances) That includes Alexis and Ozil imho.
    sorry Rich what does Sanch have to do to win your seal of approval? 20 odd goals, works his *******s off

Sanchez could try playing for the team rather than pep up his personal figures actually. Sell him to PSG and good riddance.

I thought he might be the new Henry but he's more like the new Anelka.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    We are wealthier than Liverpool. Our natural position - moneywise - is 4th which is why it's difficult to criticise when we achieve at least that. This season we are looking at 6th, maybe even 7th. That is underperforming.
    Bit harsh then to blame a manager for underperforming once in 20 seasons. We certainly aren't remotely close to the top 3 financially.

Liverpool generate more money through commercial sales than us. This is because of the success they had in their glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    sorry Rich what does Sanch have to do to win your seal of approval? 20 odd goals, works his *******s off
    Don't think he's a team player at all. Swap him for Aguero imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He needs to **** off. If he stays he has no shame.
    I wholeheartedly agree, Billy. I don't think he will because ultimately the only way he will go is if the board tell him that it's time for a change.

However, what I am saying is that it is probable that we won't play in the Champions League for many years to come (unless we appoint the right coach). However, a change of approach might be refreshing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Bit harsh then to blame a manager for underperforming once in 20 seasons. We certainly aren't remotely close to the top 3 financially.
    No. I have been a Wenger admirer thoruhgout, still am. But 4th is our natural position now. Wasn't always the case during his reign.

And last year we should have won it, Leicester were nowhere near us financially, or Spurs, and yet the battle (such as it was) was between them even though we overtook Spurs in the final game.

Sanchez could try playing for the team rather than pep up his personal figures actually. Sell him to PSG and good riddance.

I thought he might be the new Henry but he's more like the new Anelka.
    Dear god. At least he shows some ****ing passion, like he actually cares

Bunch of babies at the moment, why do you think they should all be mollycoddled? Hasn't really worked for Arsene has it?

Underperforming ONCE? What would you call last season then? And all this about our "natural" position being 4th - what? That's Wenger's brainwash mantra. We don't have a natural position - we could finish 10th, then 1st....The fact is though, this manager cannot utilize the players at his disposal in the most effective way. This season I'd say some of the players aren't cutting it either - complacent/jaded/disillusioned/misunderstood, whatever the reasons. Last season though, was most telling. One can only pray that, when he gets his 2-year extension and the one after it and so on, that during the remainder of his reign, Arsenal don't register too many more utter Humiliations, because AW's racked up a very impressive display for the Hall of Shame too.