Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I see Mme Le Pen has claimed that the French shovelling Jews onto trains even more

I see Mme Le Pen has claimed that the French shovelling Jews onto trains even more

enthusiastically than the Germans did wasn't really their fault.

Thing is, of course, that will play well in France, where blatant dishonesty and fantasy about their role in WWII has essentially been government policy since 1945.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-10-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Thing is, of course, that will play well in France, where blatant dishonesty and fantasy about their role in WWII has essentially been government policy since 1945.
    That wasn't France, that was the Vichy regime!

They really haven't got their heads around it, have they?

Actually, I know some middle-aged, middle class frogs who really know nothing about the period. They've never been taught about it.
    Last edited by Sir C; 04-10-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That wasn't France, that was the Vichy regime!

They really haven't got their heads around it, have they?

Actually, I know some middle-aged, middle class frogs who really know nothing about the period. They've never been taught about it.
    Oh, I know. I've told you about my shock when I found out that my niece and nephew were being taught in school that the French basically liberated themselves and the Normandy landings were basically just a handy bit of back up, but not really crucial because René and his mates had already done the hard yards.
    Seriously, I know we get accused of mythologising our history, but the French just straight-up lie about theirs.

Oh, I know. I've told you about my shock when I found out that my niece and nephew were being taught in school that the French basically liberated themselves and the Normandy landings were basically just a handy bit of back up, but not really crucial because René and his mates had already done the hard yards.
    Seriously, I know we get accused of mythologising our history, but the French just straight-up lie about theirs.
    Hang on - are you saying Allo Allo is not an accurate piece of historical drama. And Gorden Kaye not even cold in his coffin. Shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hang on - are you saying Allo Allo is not an accurate piece of historical drama. And Gorden Kaye not even cold in his coffin. Shame on you
    I'm not even sure there was even a painting called 'The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies', la.

We're through the looking glass, here, people.

La Resistance! The fact is the French are a bunch of pussy-ass b!tches. Nothing's gonna change that.