Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A good piece on the Livingstone business that nails the 'he was telling the truth'

A good piece on the Livingstone business that nails the 'he was telling the truth'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And how would David Baddiel know better than Her Shaminess, eh? Just because he's a jew. I mean Ken's mates with lots of semitic people. Admittedly they're the kind of semites who want all the jews dead, but, you know, Thatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And how would David Baddiel know better than Her Shaminess, eh? Just because he's a jew. I mean Ken's mates with lots of semitic people. Admittedly they're the kind of semites who want all the jews dead, but, you know, Thatcher.
    But you can't be left-wing AND a racist. It's an impossibility. Therefore, anyone who accuses a lefty of racism is lying. That's just logic, that is.

Good piece though it is, the problem is that even Baddiel shies away from pointing out exactly where the massive increase in anti-semitic incidents has come from. There's a tendency to lump the tiny number of far right incidents in with those perpetrated by muslims as though they were statistically equivalent.

Yes, very good. Like the bit about saying Israelis instead of Jews - you do see that quite a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes, very good. Like the bit about saying Israelis instead of Jews - you do see that quite a lot
    When I'm racially abusing monty in future I will certainly be calling him a zionist.

It's the smart way to give offence without being branded a racist.

When I'm racially abusing monty in future I will certainly be calling him a zionist.

It's the smart way to give offence without being branded a racist.
    Was it you who once suggested you felt that referring to a Jewish person as 'a Jew' rather than Jewish sounded a bit off?

Was it you who once suggested you felt that referring to a Jewish person as 'a Jew' rather than Jewish sounded a bit off?
    Yes, I've always felt that it sounds a bit brutal or disrespectful. I've probably just known too many Germans, to be honest.

Yes, I've always felt that it sounds a bit brutal or disrespectful. I've probably just known too many Germans, to be honest.
    It might simply be that we grew up at a time when, if someone dropped a penny, anyone who picked it up would immediately be taunted with 'JEW!', so we think of it as a term of abuse.

It might simply be that we grew up at a time when, if someone dropped a penny, anyone who picked it up would be taunted with 'JEW!', so we think of it as a term of abuse.
    "Jewbag!" would have been the mot juste in my day, accompanied by a hooked finger rubbing the nose.

Simpler, better days, of course.

"Jewbag!" would have been the mot juste in my day, accompanied by a hooked finger rubbing the nose.

Simpler, better days, of course.
    Yes. Honest-to-goodness racism back then. None of your covert rubbish.