Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been watching I'm Alan Partridge. The Linton Travel Tavern series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I preferred the first series too. Last week I thought we were visiting one of the sites they went to - Bolton Castle but then I remembered they went to Bolton Abbey. Neither one is in Bolton, but I think Roose Bolton probably lived in the castle.
    Bolton Abbey is gorgeous... but still not a patch on Fountains Abbey which must be one of the most magical places on earth
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bolton Abbey is gorgeous... but still not a patch on Fountains Abbey which must be one of the most magical places on earth
    My word - a post gayer than Sir C's about soldiers pleasuring each other. NTTIAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It has a special place in my heart because it made me visit Cumbria for the first time
    They should do one on pub grub in old coaching inns. Finding the best ham egg 'n chips in the kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    My word - a post gayer than Sir C's about soldiers pleasuring each other. NTTIAWWT
    Oh come on, Sir C is the most blatent gayer on here.. even his alter ego was gay

They should do one on pub grub in old coaching inns. Finding the best ham egg 'n chips in the kingdom!
    Our plan was to follow their itinerary so we went to all the places they ate over the course of 10 days which meant 6 tasting menus; foams and spumes and essences and textures of ALL THAT PONCEY SHÍTE THAT MADE ME WANT TO EAT MY OWN FEET.

I haven't really eaten fayne dayning since, tbh.

They do a truly wonderful hef in the, what's it, Queens Head, is it? In Hawkshead. Something royal.

Oh come on, Sir C is the most blatent gayer on here.. even his alter ego was gay
    You need to pull your jumper down a bit mate, your homophobia is showing.

Did you know that the Geordie chap, Michael, went on to voice Alexander Orlov of comparethemarket fame?

Yes, 'Simples' is Michael 'a coop a' beans.'

We stayed in the Aysgarth Falls Hotel in the Dales and did a couple of walks around there. Very impressed by Aysgarth Falls - in full flow after recent rains but on a glorious sunny day.

We stayed in the Aysgarth Falls Hotel in the Dales and did a couple of walks around there. Very impressed by Aysgarth Falls - in full flow after recent rains but on a glorious sunny day.
    You do take it for granted living up here

Ooh, I'm going to drive through Aysgarth on my new route. Worth a stop?