Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I've been watching I'm Alan Partridge. The Linton Travel Tavern series.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What are your Hameggnchips preferences? Personally, I find thick-cut chips to be a must - along with two eggs, obvs.
    Fat chips, natch. Two eggs, natch. Thick cut ham, natch BUT, the most important thing is this:

The eggs must NOT be laid upon the ham, for fear of the ham encoldening them. The eggs must be laid upon the (warmed) plate. After the ham has absorbed some warmth from the plate, it may be flipped over, exposing the warm side, and the eggs laid thereon.

Seems to me that Sir C ought to pop round to yours for supper and a bed for the night.
    I couldn't afford a Yorkshireman's bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If you are going to Ripon go to Fountains Abbey imo, not far from there..... Ripon is a nice market city (v small city)
    We'll be arriving late and leaving early, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We'll be arriving late and leaving early, I think.
    You would be most welcome if you needed food for the evening... I only live 10 miles from Ripon
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It's absurdly good. And, more remarkably, it bears repeated viewings. It often irritates me how much credit Ricky Gervais gets for The Office, despite the fact that it was in so many ways a substandard rip-off of Partridge.
    I found The Trip most interesting for revealing that Rob Brydon is quite a lot funnier than Steve Coogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You would be most welcome if you needed food for the evening... I only live 10 miles from Ripon
    Aww, that's kind of you p, but I fear a 10 pm arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I found The Trip most interesting for revealing that Rob Brydon is quite a lot funnier than Steve Coogan.
    Err...you realise they were working to a script, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Aww, that's kind of you p, but I fear a 10 pm arrival.
    You don't want to be on't moors at that time.

You don't want to be on't moors at that time.
    I think it's safe if you stick t' ruuuurds.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That was the point. Coogan's character was a bit pompous as well as a bit troubled, whilst Brydon's was happy to be an uncomplicated entertainer.