Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: I've been watching I'm Alan Partridge. The Linton Travel Tavern series.

  1. #1

    I've been watching I'm Alan Partridge. The Linton Travel Tavern series.

    Apart from the fact that it's 20 years old (20 years!) what strikes me is how very, very funny it still is.

    wd the repulsive luvvie steve coogan.

    The chocolate mousse bit.

    Have any 20 year old comedy series tickled your fancy recently?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apart from the fact that it's 20 years old (20 years!) what strikes me is how very, very funny it still is.

    wd the repulsive luvvie steve coogan.

    The chocolate mousse bit.

    Have any 20 year old comedy series tickled your fancy recently?
    I was just watching that too as I found it on netflix. though I have the dvd's somewhere.

    I didn't like it at the time for some reason. latecomer

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apart from the fact that it's 20 years old (20 years!) what strikes me is how very, very funny it still is.

    wd the repulsive luvvie steve coogan.

    The chocolate mousse bit.

    Have any 20 year old comedy series tickled your fancy recently?
    It's absurdly good. And, more remarkably, it bears repeated viewings. It often irritates me how much credit Ricky Gervais gets for The Office, despite the fact that it was in so many ways a substandard rip-off of Partridge.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    wd the repulsive luvvie steve coogan.
    Trip: Spain starts tonight, isn't it? Doesn't it?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Trip: Spain starts tonight, isn't it? Doesn't it?
    I didn't enjoy the Italy one as much as the first one and fear lest it turn out to be a diminishing returns job. Hope not, though.

  6. #6
    Senior Member PSRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    10,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Trip: Spain starts tonight, isn't it? Doesn't it?
    Whole series is available to download from tonight

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I didn't enjoy the Italy one as much as the first one and fear lest it turn out to be a diminishing returns job. Hope not, though.
    Same same. I have scheduled rewatching the original one for the week before we go oop norf.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Same same. I have scheduled rewatching the original one for the week before we go oop norf.
    I preferred the first series too. Last week I thought we were visiting one of the sites they went to - Bolton Castle but then I remembered they went to Bolton Abbey. Neither one is in Bolton, but I think Roose Bolton probably lived in the castle.

  9. #9
    Senior Member barrybueno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    O'Neills, Beckenham
    Posts
    18,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apart from the fact that it's 20 years old (20 years!) what strikes me is how very, very funny it still is.

    wd the repulsive luvvie steve coogan.

    The chocolate mousse bit.

    Have any 20 year old comedy series tickled your fancy recently?
    Always found it ****ing hilarious and always will do although I always preferred Knowing Me Knowing You (aha)

    When ever I bump into Men behaving Badly I remember how good/funny that actually was.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I preferred the first series too. Last week I thought we were visiting one of the sites they went to - Bolton Castle but then I remembered they went to Bolton Abbey. Neither one is in Bolton, but I think Roose Bolton probably lived in the castle.
    It has a special place in my heart because it made me visit Cumbria for the first time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •