Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I expect Carroll's was a Bleak House last night. Hard Times, indeed
    I have been ed This is why it is important to read the whole thread before replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As AWIMB conclusively proved in a lengthy discussion the other week, it's more than a business or leisure activity. Passion. Pwide. Love.

And getting mad and letting off steam is what football was invented for anyway. As an outlet for 19th century workers forced into grinding poverty having had not only their surplus value but their very lives and souls sucked out of them by unrestrained, vampiric capitalism. Great days.
    Now that was a system that worked, a. Until the bleeding-heart liberals got their way and destroyed the comptitiveness of our manufacturing base and gave away our empire.

Look what we're left with now. A shítshow governed by wimps like Cameron and May and a opposition with a distaste for jews and those who labour.

It's a poor outlook, and no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I really think there's no need for this sort of abuse, sw. Can we not all behave as gentlemen?
    You see your error here, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now that was a system that worked, a. Until the bleeding-heart liberals got their way and destroyed the comptitiveness of our manufacturing base and gave away our empire.

Look what we're left with now. A shítshow governed by wimps like Cameron and May and a opposition with a distaste for jews and those who labour.

It's a poor outlook, and no mistake.
    I thought you were a fan of Cameron?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As AWIMB conclusively proved in a lengthy discussion the other week, it's more than a business or leisure activity. Passion. Pwide. Love.

And getting mad and letting off steam is what football was invented for anyway. As an outlet for 19th century workers forced into grinding poverty having had not only their surplus value but their very lives and souls sucked out of them by unrestrained, vampiric capitalism. Great days.
    Right. And it's a good thing football has nothing to do with unrestrained, vampiric capitalism anymore. Great days
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought you were a fan of Cameron?
    On a personal level, he is very pleasant company. A charming chap and a gentleman. I have the utmost rerspect for him as a human being. As a politician, less so. He was elected leader of the Conservative party yet governed like the limpest Liberal.

He made it legal for pooves to marry each other, for example. Yes, a man married to a man. Surely the Good Lord will send us a flood to sweep the earth clean of this filth?

You see your error here, no?
    Yes, but I feel that, like Henry Higgins with Eliza Doolittle, we can mould the unpromising material that is sw into at least a reasonable simulacrum of a gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but I feel that, like Henry Higgins with Eliza Doolittle, we can mould the unpromising material that is sw into at least a reasonable simulacrum of a gentleman
    The chap wears denim trousers and plimsolls to work, b. He is far beyond our help.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't think supporter expectation should matter in an ideal world.

I think those questions would be asked by the incumbent himself, who is likely to be best placed to ask and answer them (while has has the desire to do so) given he knows the club and his players better than anyone on earth.
    It *does* matter though; that's why professional football folk get paid so much.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

On a personal level, he is very pleasant company. A charming chap and a gentleman. I have the utmost rerspect for him as a human being. As a politician, less so. He was elected leader of the Conservative party yet governed like the limpest Liberal.

He made it legal for pooves to marry each other, for example. Yes, a man married to a man. Surely the Good Lord will send us a flood to sweep the earth clean of this filth?
    My father still can't get over gay marriage. Seems to think that berties being allowed to tie the knot invalidates the status of his marriage or something.
    I have pointed out that I find his new-found reverence for the institution somewhat surprising, but to no avail.