Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Must we have 'minimum expectations' and 'ask serious questions', though? It all sounds terribly dramatic.

It is, after all, a game.
    Certainly people prefer to see their team win the league. There's nothing wrong with that, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Must we have 'minimum expectations' and 'ask serious questions', though? It all sounds terribly dramatic.

It is, after all, a game.
    Well you say it's just a game, but it's also a business, isn't it? It employs a bunch of people whose incomes and even jobs may be threatened should it start to enter a period of serious decline. So we may think 'It's just a game', but the people who run the club may not.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Was there one of Micky Gynn - I liked Micky Gynn. Tiny wee fella. As opposed to Mickey Quinn - fat tosser
    There was certainly one of Quinn. Gynn, I'm not sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well you say it's just a game, but it's also a business, isn't it? It employs a bunch of people whose incomes and even jobs may be threatened should it start to enter a period of serious decline. So we may think 'It's just a game', but the people who run the club may not.
    Well, quite. For the shareholders it is a serious matter and they are entitled to ask whatever questions they deem appropriate.

The rest of us are just watching a bunch of lads kick an inflated sphere about. It's nothing to get excited about.

I'm wearing my pragmatic head today.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, I think our expectations are to have a manager who will leverage the financial power of the club, and any other means at his disposal, in order to try and win trophies.

The view of many, for very good reasons imo, is that Arsene Wenger is no longer such a manager.
    Leverage.

Get off. Get off the fùcking pitch now WES. There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Well, quite. For the shareholders it is a serious matter and they are entitled to ask whatever questions they deem appropriate.

The rest of us are just watching a bunch of lads kick an inflated sphere about. It's nothing to get excited about.

I'm wearing my pragmatic head today.
    Oh, I agree. As you know, I'm even less likely than you to get myself excited about it. However, I just felt Monty's tone a tad misplaced and felt the need to pull him up on it.

Is it Decline and Fall again tonight? It's on at the same time as the Saxon violence thing, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I thought we were unmitigated gash?

Your mum is unmitigated gash
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Leverage.

Get off. Get off the fùcking pitch now WES. There's no excuse for that kind of behaviour.
    You know he pronounced it to rhyme with Dame Edna Everage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Your mum is unmitigated gash
    Played.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Very good. And Squadron certainly enjoyed a Christmas Carroll last night. Anyway, he had him trussed and bound like a turkey.
    We think times are bad for us, but over at the Taxpayers' Bowl it's definitely a Bleak House.