Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I have this image in my head of Monty masturbating furiously as he post these types of threads.

Back in 5
    Which is why I laugh in the face of my girlfriend when she tells me I can't multi-task.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Well no. The discussion has been more about how the team continues to have the same failings. Top 4 is irrelevant.
    Right. The top four was meant to be a base camp from which we would mount an assault on the title. Sadly, inevitably, talk of financial issues has overshadowed all that, even though it was never just about the money; there was also the development of our young players, the improvement of the squad as a whole and all the invaluable experience we'd gain of regularly winning the Top Four cup and so on.

Actually, even ill-advised, genius ideas like refusing to join Manchester United and Chelsea in spending our Summers globetrotting for cash seem an awfully long time ago now, don't they
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I thought we were unmitigated gash?
    I believe that is known as the tyranny of low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Not necessarily, we can still be 5th on goal difference if City win their game in Hand.
    I wish Arsene would just tell us what he is planning to do. Then we can either focus on getting behind him and his re-build of the squard or look forward to times of change.

Maybe it's because the board are having doubts, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If we don't win our two games in hand we won't, though.
    The important thing is the team responded very well to the setbacks we've suffered lately. And the supporters at the ground too actually. If we were sitting pretty in the top four right now, things would be getting ugly, imo. Or more ugly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, our expectations are to have a manager as reliably good as Mourinho, Klopp or Guardiola.

Oh.

Soft bigotry, wasn't it? Darkies and all that? POTUS41?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Soft bigotry, wasn't it? Darkies and all that? POTUS41?
    That's certainly the earliest use of the term, but tyranny is also used and works better in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, our expectations are to have a manager as reliably good as Mourinho, Klopp or Guardiola.

Oh.
    Yeah, since we last won anything decent, there's about a dozen titles and a few European Cups in that little lot

That's certainly the earliest use of the term, but tyranny is also used and works better in this context.
    "cruel and oppressive government or rule."

Seems a little extreme.