Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I really think there's no need for this sort of abuse, sw. Can we not all behave as gentlemen?
    Well perhaps the language was a little feisty but we have all sat here for years as he has pontificated and looked down his nose at "thick" football supporters and then he pours forth with nonsense like he did earlier.

It is the hypocrisy that annoys me so B. The hypocrisy and the tedium, don't forget the tedium. One half-decent result against shít opposition and sure as hell we know it's coming and ...... Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well perhaps the language was a little feisty but we have all sat here for years as he has pontificated and looked down his nose at "thick" football supporters and then he pours forth with nonsense like he did earlier.

It is the hypocrisy that annoys me so B. The hypocrisy and the tedium, don't forget the tedium. One half-decent result against shít opposition and sure as hell we know it's coming and ...... Boom!
    But we all have our peccadilloes, don't we? With me it's transgenders and politics, you're obsessed with Paul Weller, Sir C can bang on for days about airyplanes and Springsteen and with Monty it just happens to be a compulsive need to say 'I told you so' to his fellow Arsenal fans. We must accept these aspects of one another in a spirit of amity imo.

Besides, I see Weller has produced another infant. Dirty, dirty old man.

Yes, but I feel that, like Henry Higgins with Eliza Doolittle, we can mould the unpromising material that is sw into at least a reasonable simulacrum of a gentleman
    Gaaaaaaaarn!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

But we all have our peccadilloes, don't we? With me it's transgenders and politics, you're obsessed with Paul Weller, Sir C can bang on for days about airyplanes and Springsteen and with Monty it just happens to be a compulsive need to say 'I told you so' to his fellow Arsenal fans. We must accept these aspects of one another in a spirit of amity imo.

I so do not go on and on about aeroplanes. I may very occasionally point out a factual error in a conversation about aviation; you wouldn't wish me to turn my face from ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Gaaaaaaaarn!
    Quite so. I don't think sw will ever be safe to take to the Royal Enclosure, to be honest, but one does one's best.

My father still can't get over gay marriage. Seems to think that berties being allowed to tie the knot invalidates the status of his marriage or something.
    I have pointed out that I find his new-found reverence for the institution somewhat surprising, but to no avail.
    Well, quite. People have been asking for it for years, often without realising. Now, at this point, what difference does it make.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I so do not go on and on about aeroplanes. I may very occasionally point out a factual error in a conversation about aviation; you wouldn't wish me to turn my face from ignorance?
    My dear chap, don't take on so. i positively welcome your enlightening discussion of planes and vectors and thrust and whatnot.

Indeed, 8 at latest count by 4 different partners I seem to recall. Not sure how he manages as I struggle at time with 2.

Still, new album in May for us all to enjoy meanwhile I am sure you are grooving to Street Rituals by Stone Foundation in which he appears on 2-3 tracks. Modern British soul.

Nice.

Quite so. I don't think sw will ever be safe to take to the Royal Enclosure, to be honest, but one does one's best.
    Is it a pub?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is it a pub?
    Of a sort, sw. Of a sort.