Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You are Ken Livingstone and I claim my five pounds.
    Did you see this, a?

https://twitter.com/qynq/status/849208319692681220

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    In the few episodes of Fresh Meat I saw he was good but basically playing himself. Cracking cast around him - even Yara Greyjoy is good
    Yes, I liked Fresh Meat but, as you say, he was simply an extension of his stage persona.

The chap playing Captain Grimes was especially good. Douglas Hodge, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, I liked Fresh Meat but, as you say, he was simply an extension of his stage persona.

The chap playing Captain Grimes was especially good. Douglas Hodge, was it?
    Yep - fine actor. Hard to believe David Suchet hasn't done anything comic since Blott on the Landscape. I want to watch that again now

So what you're saying is that Sir C and I (both of whom are in marriages without children) might as well be homos?
    Well, as I say, aside from a measure of squeamishness at bedtime, what difference would it make. Jeeves and Wooster, Holmes and Watson, even Higgins and Pickering, of course. There's nothing wrong with it, is there.

Call it "chums".
    Last edited by redgunamo; 04-06-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I like that twitter account's Bladerunner avatar.

So what you're saying is that Sir C and I (both of whom are in marriages without children) might as well be homos?
    We all have doubts about you both already
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well, seeing as most people celebrate their birthdays, just staying alive must be widely seen as some kind of triumph. And surely the person of unlimited ambition is never satisfied, or happy, while the simple chap who says "fùckit, this'll do" can enjoy life in the moment.
    People need to watch more Michael Mann films, imo. They are all about mans' fear of ageing and what it means and what you're supposed to do about it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did you go to Barrafina last nght?
    Sadly no, the Barrafina and theatre trip is planned for the summer when my sister is over from Vancouver.

I just like to be prepared

Post of the Year?

It's only April.
    It's worse than that Ash, he works in tax years... The lad SWv2 has lost his head a little there I feel.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'