Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farage just told the EU Parliament they were behaving like the mafia

Farage just told the EU Parliament they were behaving like the mafia

The President (who happens to be Italian) intervened to suggest that the language wasn't appropriate, so Nigel said "I appreciate there are certain national sensitivities......ok then, you're gangsters"
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 04-05-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    The President (who happens to be Italian) suggested that the language wasn't appropriate, so Nigel said "Okay, I appreciate there are certain national sensitivities......ok then, you're gangsters"
    Gosh what a wit - you must still be chuckling about. ****

The President (who happens to be Italian) suggested that the language wasn't appropriate, so Nigel said "Okay, I appreciate there are certain national sensitivities......ok then, you're gangsters"
    Clearly a graduate of the Ken Livingstone school of diplomacy.

Whatever happened to statesmen? Great, dignified orators, like Walpole, Pitt, Churchill and Hague?

All gone, alas, replaced by minnows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Clearly a graduate of the Ken Livingstone school of diplomacy.

Whatever happened to statesmen? Great, dignified orators, like Walpole, Pitt, Churchill and Hague?

All gone, alas, replaced by minnows.
    I do wish that Farage would understand that he has now served his purpose and we'd all be rather grateful if he fûcked off and left things to the grown-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do wish that Farage would understand that he has now served his purpose and we'd all be rather grateful if he fûcked off and left things to the grown-ups.
    He's such a vulgar little man, isn't he? Mind you, he sports quite the pair of brass balls.

As you say, enough now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's such a vulgar little man, isn't he? Mind you, he sports quite the pair of brass balls.

As you say, enough now.
    He should have been made a peer and packed off to the House of Lords where he can do no damage.

The President (who happens to be Italian) intervened to suggest that the language wasn't appropriate, so Nigel said "I appreciate there are certain national sensitivities......ok then, you're gangsters"
    Bit like Dennis Skinner saying half the tory party were corrupt... he was told that wasn't acceptable. So changed it to half the tory part aren't corrupt
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

In the EU parliament, he *is* the grown-up though. The French guillotined all theirs ages ago and the Germans have, reasonably enough, I guess, been completely ignoring theirs since World War 2.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In the EU parliament, he *is* the grown-up though. The French guillotined all theirs ages ago and the Germans have, reasonably enough, I guess, been completely ignoring theirs since World War 2.
    Yes, but we voted to leave the EU in part because the EU Parliament is a meaningless and ineffectual rubber stamp/talking shop fit only for worthless posturing by gravy-trainers, so it seems odd for him to keep standing there, getting paid by our taxes to mouth off to no good effect. Just do the morally consistent thing and walk away from the bloody shambles.

Yes, but we voted to leave the EU in part because the EU Parliament is a meaningless and ineffectual rubber stamp/talking shop fit only for worthless posturing by gravy-trainers, so it seems odd for him to keep standing there, getting paid by our taxes to mouth off to no good effect. Just do the morally consistent thing and walk away from the bloody shambles.
    That would be rather premature, wouldn't it. Swathes of Britain "remain" besotted by the EU, by which they think they mean Europe, of course.

This battle, within a wider war, is far from won.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."