Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I notice the left wing Twitterati are extremely quiet

Oddly, Mr Mckluskey berates both Britain and Spain, but mostly Britain, in defence of his members in Gibraltar. It's almost as if UK were to blame for Spanish expansionism and EU's malicious support.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You missed out 'England and the USA will always be judged to a much higher moral standard than any other countries even though this would appear to suggest we actually think they're better than other countries and not really evil like rules 2 & 3 say
    Isn't that the point? We are better, so we judge ourselves through the harshest lens? We know most, if not all of the Middle East is morally bankrupt, so not a lot of point in holding ourselves up to their standards is there?

And obviously we should stand for no **** from the Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    over the Spanish "war-mongering" by entering British waters off Gibralter
    Yes, and also apparently that unpleasant business in Croydon the other day.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Isn't that the point? We are better, so we judge ourselves through the harshest lens? We know most, if not all of the Middle East is morally bankrupt, so not a lot of point in holding ourselves up to their standards is there?
    Yeah, but they don't get to judge *us* either. Nation building begins at home and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I have no problem with doing that because I do believe we're better than other nations. What I object to is people who apply the high standards we set while simultaneously insisting that we're worse than all other nations and seeing no inherent contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, and also apparently that unpleasant business in Croydon the other day.
    Only a couple of miles up the road from my folks that. Shrublands has always been a hole, but a moment's googling could have told any hack who'd bothered that The Goat (the pub towards which the assailants ran) has for some time been a Ghanaian pub and not exactly the sort of place that swastika-sporting neo-Nazis tend to hang out.

Only a couple of miles up the road from my folks that. Shrublands has always been a hole, but a moment's googling could have told any hack who'd bothered that The Goat (the pub towards which the assailants ran) has for some time been a Ghanaian pub and not exactly the sort of place that swastika-sporting neo-Nazis tend to hang out.
    Yes, rather naive, one might say. At best.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, rather naive, one might say. At best.
    Mind you, who knew there were Ghanaian pubs in Croydon these days?

Mind you, who knew there were Ghanaian pubs in Croydon these days?
    Multi-culturalism gone mad, innit. In the old days, lots of TPLACs used to house their diplomatic staff in that area.