Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The club can't really afford to sell Sanchez to Chelsea, can they ?

The club can't really afford to sell Sanchez to Chelsea, can they ?

I mean, given the situation and recent quotes about us not needing to financially do that sort of thing anymore.
    It would make a bit of a statement about us being second tier and not able to hang on to our best players.
    What I'm saying is, if AW stays and we flog a want away worldy, Wenger may as well invest in an Anderson shelter and not the open seating arrangement he currently enjoys on the touchline.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    What I'm saying is, if AW stays and we flog a want away worldy, Wenger may as well invest in an Anderson shelter and not the open seating arrangement he currently enjoys on the touchline.
    What is the option, retain him until the end of his contract and get nothing??

The club can posture all they like on this issue but ultimately he will be sold this summer if he does not sign, further this is 100% the correct thing to do but of course some will criticise.

Personally speaking I don’t care who they sell to, more what they do with the funds received.

I mean, given the situation and recent quotes about us not needing to financially do that sort of thing anymore.
    It would make a bit of a statement about us being second tier and not able to hang on to our best players.
    One supposes that if the board (Stan) is in the business of maximising his financial stake in the company, then Sanchez will be sold to the highest bidder in the summer. That decision will probably have nothing to do with Wenger, of course.

But he can refuse to go anywhere else if he wants to stay in London, as he says.

That means we lose him to Chelsea next year for nothing.

Arsenal don't really have much say in the matter. The best solution would be to pay him what he wants.