Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This TV production of Decline and Fall is rather good.

This TV production of Decline and Fall is rather good.

I'm easily pleased, being a big fan of Waugh, but what was most surprising was the excellence of Jack Whitehall's performance.

wd all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm easily pleased, being a big fan of Waugh, but what was most surprising was the excellence of Jack Whitehall's performance.

wd all concerned.
    He's not even the best batsman in his own family, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

wd all concerned.
    I very much enjoyed it, I must say. They got the school absolutely spot on.

wd all concerned.
    was watching it last night but internet connection went down halfway through. Started off promisingly though

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I very much enjoyed it, I must say. They got the school absolutely spot on.
    There was a great piece in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago, quoting from Waugh's diaries when he was a master at such a school. Captain Grimes is obviously based on a voracious predatory *****phile whose antic were really quite remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    was watching it last night but internet connection went down halfway through. Started off promisingly though
    I didn't understand why Margot Beste-Chetwyn was pronounced 'Beast-Cheating'. I've been hearing 'Beste-Chetwyn' in my head for 30 years.

There was a great piece in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago, quoting from Waugh's diaries when he was a master at such a school. Captain Grimes is obviously based on a voracious predatory *****phile whose antic were really quite remarkable
    Yes. The fellow was also a wonderful example of nominative determinism, having rejoiced in the moniker 'Dick Young'