Thread: On a brighter note - this was rather good if you missed it

On a brighter note - this was rather good if you missed it

When Footballers were Footballers...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-coventry-city

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    When Footballers were Footballers...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-coventry-city

Three things.

1. I've stayed in Holmfirth. Lovely little town.
    2. Celebrating in Coventry on That Night was amazing. A city centre that was usually tinged with menace and violence on a saturday night was rocking with joy. Perhaps the happiest night in the City's history.
    3. Walking football for over 50s? Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Three things.

1. I've stayed in Holmfirth. Lovely little town.
    2. Celebrating in Coventry on That Night was amazing. A city centre that was usually tinged with menace and violence on a saturday night was rocking with joy. Perhaps the happiest night in the City's history.
    3. Walking football for over 50s? Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up?
    1 I've been to Holmfirth too - it was tinged with menace and violence but that was just my friends
    2 Thought you would like that - easily my favourite cup final that we were not involved in (though Wimbledon Liverpool would run it close)
    3 If tracking back is included see our midfield (channeling the spirit of sw there)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    1 I've been to Holmfirth too - it was tinged with menace and violence but that was just my friends
    2 Thought you would like that - easily my favourite cup final that we were not involved in (though Wimbledon Liverpool would run it close)
    3 If tracking back is included see our midfield (channeling the spirit of sw there)
    Duly noted.

Poor Granit