Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about roasting ducks. Trouble is, you can either have nice legs and dry breasts or tough legs and pink, juicy breasts.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that jointing it and cooking the bits separately by different methods is the only thing to do with duck.
    Yes, I am firmly of that view with all poultry and fowl. (Do fowls count as poultry?) I confess, however, that this extremely slow 110 degree roast yielded moist, yielding breasts and sumptuous, tender legs. The duck wasn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had a bloke directly behind me who roared abuse for the full 90 minutes, his mates all laughed.

He got very annoyed early when 1) City scored and then 2) when nobody else would join him in a refrain for David Rocastle at which point he chose to verbally abuse more or less everybody around him labelling one and all as "tourists". How a steward did not approach him I am quite unsure.

He proceeded to tell all that Andy Linighan was dead though it later turned out he is in fact alive and has a plumbing business. He was of course sure that somebody was dead. I was going to turn round and tell him that perhaps he was confusing Linighn with Tommy Caton who is dead but further to the earlier "Tourists" abuse I decided not to.

I am not averse to the odd swear word but I genuinely felt sorry for others if they had to put up with this each week.

We all get annoyed of course but this chap just gave a sense that he thought he was better than the rest.

Had I not my son with me I may have chinned him.
    I had a bloke like that in my first seat at the Emirates. After a couple of years I couldn't cope, and moved upstairs. There was an identical bloke directly in front.

In the end I fúcked it off. It just wasn't any fun any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I am firmly of that view with all poultry and fowl. (Do fowls count as poultry?) I confess, however, that this extremely slow 110 degree roast yielded moist, yielding breasts and sumptuous, tender legs. The duck wasn't bad either.
    But what of the skin? Can you get a good crisp skin at that temperature or do you have to whack the heat up at the end as you do with pork to get crackling?

But what of the skin? Can you get a good crisp skin at that temperature or do you have to whack the heat up at the end as you do with pork to get crackling?
    the lack of your mum jokes in this thread is highly concerning

I stuck it under the grill for a few minutes. It was ok - not the crispiest, but not flabby.

I had a bloke like that in my first seat at the Emirates. After a couple of years I couldn't cope, and moved upstairs. There was an identical bloke directly in front.

In the end I fúcked it off. It just wasn't any fun any more.
    That reminds me of the woman in front of me whose great and oft-repeated witticism was 'Senderos? Send-im-off more like!' and who regularly indulged in thinly-veiled racial slurs at our black players.

I do hope she's dead now.
    Last edited by Burney; 04-04-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    the lack of your mum jokes in this thread is highly concerning
    Roasting fowls is a serious matter, la. There is no place for laughter when it comes to roasting a fowl.

Unlike your mum. I always píss myself when me and a friend are roasting her.

Roasting fowls is a serious matter, la. There is no place for laughter when it comes to roasting a fowl.

Unlike your mum. I always píss myself when me and a friend are roasting her.
    'when a friend and I are roasting her'

Deliberate. To accentuate the bluntness.

Honestly. I am an artsist, I paint pictures with words. Must I be subjected to this narrowness of comprehension of expression?

Bloody hell, LA's mum gets roasted by you and a mate and sir c and a mate..... you should go for a 4 way free for all
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar