Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wenger's going upstairs, isn't He.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I did not mean to imply He is going mad, or senile. Obviously He is, of course, everyone knows that by this time. But that's not what I meant to say.

What I meant to say was, I think Wenger is going to be moved aside to the executive board at our football club in the Summer, hence all the mystery, the cloak-and-dagger stuff.

In short, your mum.
    He has also said that he will be managing 100% next season, either here or somewhere else. Going upstairs is taking that statement to a bit of an extreme.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Rip aw

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    He has also said that he will be managing 100% next season, either here or somewhere else. Going upstairs is taking that statement to a bit of an extreme.
    Consistent enough, imo. Theoretically, Kroenke (or even Gazidis) *could* just say **** this and fire Him, couldn't they. And a DoF is often just a manager but in foreign money; the role isn't always well-defined.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Rip aw
    He's staying for two years.

Sadly I think he will be signing another contract, but suspect if it is as bad as this at the end of next season, then he will be gently pushed out as the sponsors will want rid and we all know how our board/ s/holders feel about moola.

I don't think he is going upstairs because he has always said he wants a hands on/ day to day type arrangement that is why he never took up international management.