Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger's going upstairs, isn't He.

Wenger's going upstairs, isn't He.

In the Summer, I mean.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wenger's going upstairs, isn't He.
    Only for a good time with your mum.

Haha! Yes. I haven't made myself quite clear, have I. That could've been put better.

I did not mean to imply He is going mad, or senile. Obviously He is, of course, everyone knows that by this time. But that's not what I meant to say.

What I meant to say was, I think Wenger is going to be moved aside to the executive board at our football club in the Summer, hence all the mystery, the cloak-and-dagger stuff.

In short, your mum.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Only for a good time with your mum.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Reading between the lines I think we'll be getting a new manager in the summer.

Supposedly the deal was on the table for a long time and all he had to do was sign but then results went badly south culminating in the 10-2 and Keswick comes out and says we'll do what's right for the club in the long term, Wenger then says he's made up his mind but can't say what it is or when he's going to confirm it, rumours circulate over a possible new 1 year deal and then more rumours about a wholesale change on and off of the pitch with players and coaching staff leaving and then yesterday he did a sky interview implying that it wasn't his fault the contract hadn't been sorted out as yet.

Reckon the board have decided it's time to move on and they're just working on the long term setup, looking at targets (manager, staff and players) and doing their numbers.

If it's looking a bit shaky then they can fall back on a 1 year extension...if not then its Sayonara as the Chinese say

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Reading between the lines I think we'll be getting a new manager in the summer.

Supposedly the deal was on the table for a long time and all he had to do was sign but then results went badly south culminating in the 10-2 and Keswick comes out and says we'll do what's right for the club in the long term, Wenger then says he's made up his mind but can't say what it is or when he's going to confirm it, rumours circulate over a possible new 1 year deal and then more rumours about a wholesale change on and off of the pitch with players and coaching staff leaving and then yesterday he did a sky interview implying that it wasn't his fault the contract hadn't been sorted out as yet.

Reckon the board have decided it's time to move on and they're just working on the long term setup, looking at targets (manager, staff and players) and doing their numbers.

If it's looking a bit shaky then they can fall back on a 1 year extension...if not then its Sayonara as the Chinese say
    What did he say regarding it not being his fault that it's not signed yet? Perhaps the board have seen sense. Didn't Gazidis say that there are going to be significant changes at the club in the summer?

In the Summer, I mean.
    To the TMO you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    To the TMO you mean?
    The Tortugas Mountain Observatory, the Tenant Management Organisation, Transition-metal Oxide

The Tortugas Mountain Observatory, the Tenant Management Organisation, Transition-metal Oxide
    Television match official - probably best he wasn't there yesterday :nacho:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Television match official - probably best he wasn't there yesterday :nacho:
    Ah, yes. To be sure. Never a penalty, imo. I wouldn't have given it, not so close to the end of a game. A stonewaller, yes; a 50-50, no.

Interview with Geoff shreeves.

Said he wants to stay and there's plenty of fight yet but can't say when he'll sign because he's waiting on things to be sorted....whatever that means.