Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Alexis to Chelsea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Yes. The last time we let a player go to a rival club he won the league for them when we might have won it. We sell him to a foreign club but if he doesn't want to go we hold on to him because the original post here actually said we'd get £30 million. If he leaves on a free so be it, he'll be 30 by then and may well have gone downhill.

If he is desperate to go he will go abroad.
    I take it that you don't own shares in Arsenal Holdings, MO?

No. Although I did think of getting some a few years ago. Too late now.

If your point is about the shareholders losing notional money, nothing compared to what they will lose once we plunge Titanic-like outside the CL places. Which we will this season and may not recover unless we have top players in our team. Like Alexis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    No. Although I did think of getting some a few years ago. Too late now.

If your point is about the shareholders losing notional money, nothing compared to what they will lose once we plunge Titanic-like outside the CL places. Which we will this season and may not recover unless we have top players in our team. Like Alexis.
    That's if he wants to be there. If his effort drops 10% then he's not the same player.

I want him to stay, though. Just wish he'd stop getting cross with everyone that's not as good as him. I think he just wants to play with better footballers.