Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Arsene's just taking the píss, isn't he? :hehe:

Arsene's just taking the píss, isn't he? :hehe:

Asked if he had anything to say about his future, the 67-year-old said: “Not today, but I am very clear in my mind. It is a subject that is not sorted completely.”

Wenger added: “Do I stay two months or two years? My commitment will be exactly the same.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Asked if he had anything to say about his future, the 67-year-old said: “Not today, but I am very clear in my mind. It is a subject that is not sorted completely.”

Wenger added: “Do I stay two months or two years? My commitment will be exactly the same.”
    Why does he insist on that oddly rhetorical speech pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why does he insist on that oddly rhetorical speech pattern?
    Strange, isn't it? For someone that's lived here for however many years, his grasp of English is surprisingly poor.

Not that it's even wrong, as such. Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Strange, isn't it? For someone that's lived here for however many years, his grasp of English is surprisingly poor.

Not that it's even wrong, as such. Just weird.
    He is french so naturally his brain speaks in reverse.

He's been taking the piss for years, it's just that people have got wise to him now so he is not pretending to show respect any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    He's been taking the piss for years, it's just that people have got wise to him now so he is not pretending to show respect any more.
    He's a genius. He's got you FEWMIN, hasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's a genius. He's got you FEWMIN, hasn't he?
    No quite the opposite actually. I have contempt for the man I once so respected. And whenever he goes, there will be not a flicker of emotion from me and I believe many others who once felt the same. As long as he closes the door behind him on the way out.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 03-30-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    No quite the opposite actually. I have contempt for the man I once so respected. And whenever he goes, there will be not a flicker of emotion from me and I believe many others who once felt the same. As long as he closes the door behind him on the way out.
    Come on.... Contempt is a little strong, don't you think?