Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am very concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Don't you reach a point when you feel like you don't need any new friends.

In the past I'd go out for all sorts of work drinks and that. Now I can't be bothered.
    Friends always let you down in the end by killing themselves, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I know. There's bound to be a thinning of the herd. It's a natural process.
    That's what I started realising for my wedding when I was thinking of who to invite.
    The list could have gone on and on but decided to keep it small.

Then when Facebook etc came along it was great to find really good old friends on there but all that happens is you send maybe 1 or 2 messages saying hello what you've been doing? then it's just saying happy birthday once a year. That friendship was then and now it's different.

Don't you reach a point when you feel like you don't need any new friends.

In the past I'd go out for all sorts of work drinks and that. Now I can't be bothered.
    I really quite like people I came here five years ago knowing no one. Would have been pretty miserable if I didn't go out and meet people *

*watch football in pubs

That's what I started realising for my wedding when I was thinking of who to invite.
    The list could have gone on and on but decided to keep it small.

Then when Facebook etc came along it was great to find really good old friends on there but all that happens is you send maybe 1 or 2 messages saying hello what you've been doing? then it's just saying happy birthday once a year. That friendship was then and now it's different.
    Well this is the thing. The business of actually seeing friends becomes a bit of an arse-ache. I arranged to meet an old chum in town on Friday night a couple of weeks back and for pretty much the entire week beforehand I was grumbling about it. I had a lovely time when I got there, of course, but the prospect of having to go out on a Friday night just seemed horrific.

Well this is the thing. The business of actually seeing friends becomes a bit of an arse-ache. I arranged to meet an old chum in town on Friday night a couple of weeks back and for pretty much the entire week beforehand I was grumbling about it. I had a lovely time when I got there, of course, but the prospect of having to go out on a Friday night just seemed horrific.
    I have the same thing. I dread these things as friday night seems like the worst time to go out as I am usually most tired by that point. Though when I do go I have a good time. It's not an anxiety thing anymore like I used to have. I am just tired and it's a pain getting home. Plus things are not exactly cheap these days.

The thing that annoys me the most about a night out on a busy night is then when people decide they want to have dinner and we are in West end and it's an endless walk around trying to find somewhere with space. having to wait around kills my evening.

You miserable ****er, b. Mind you, I do know what you mean. I dislike it when I actually have something on a Friday night rather than just the spontaneous after-work drinks (spontaneous as in it happens every week, with the same people in the same place, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You miserable ****er, b. Mind you, I do know what you mean. I dislike it when I actually have something on a Friday night rather than just the spontaneous after-work drinks (spontaneous as in it happens every week, with the same people in the same place, of course)
    I told my wife this. I said if you have something planned on Friday night for us to meet up with people let me know around 4:30pm on Friday. so I don't have a lot of time to moan about it.

I really quite like people I came here five years ago knowing no one. Would have been pretty miserable if I didn't go out and meet people *

*watch football in pubs
    That's good.

I like people too. I just seem to be hesitant to invest any time in making new friends.

It's a strange thing. When I was younger, I would spend all week looking forward to going out on Friday, spend hours on the phone sorting out plans and would feel a miserable loser on the rare occasions there was nothing going on and I had to stay in. These days, I'm often tempted to find an excuse not to go out even when I do have plans (I never do, of course, but I am tempted). I'm not sure when this change took place.

Well I normally do the driving and whilst the option is there I really do not like to stay over for the night.

I got this weird thing where I need at least part of the weekend to relax.
    Have you ever done a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test, f?

Interesting stuff if you like a bit of psychology. Sounds like you are an I not an E type of person.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...e/mbti-basics/
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”