Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone see the Rio Ferdinand documentary about his wife croaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Where did I suggest not showing sympathy? I simply find the sort of fatuous, unthinking application of words like 'brave' to people who are just getting through the shït life throws at one deeply irritating. The one that really annoys me is all the stuff about people's 'brave fight' against cancer. A/ You don't fight cancer, the doctors do. You're just the battlefield. B/ It implies that someone who dies is really just a fücking quitter.
    I think it's because people like saying nice things to people who are having a sh*tty time, even if it's a bit trite. Nothing too much wrong with that, I don't think.

Where did I suggest not showing sympathy? I simply find the sort of fatuous, unthinking application of words like 'brave' to people who are just getting through the shït life throws at one deeply irritating. The one that really annoys me is all the stuff about people's 'brave fight' against cancer. A/ You don't fight cancer, the doctors do. You're just the battlefield. B/ It implies that someone who dies is really just a fücking quitter.
    Calm down, old chap. Consider your age and the considerable risk of an embolism, aneurysm or potentially even anal prolapse.

I was chatting yesterday with an old chum about a dear, close mutual friend who committed hara kiri some years ago. We were both clearly struggling to understand what pushed him to his dreadful end, and, of course, couldn't, because the depths of another's despair is a place we cannot visit, or no.

Funnily enough I then went for a long walk along the cliffs at Beachy Head, looking at all the little memorials to jumpers. Did you know that deaths at the site range from 7 a year to 28? And some poor búgger has to scrape them up at the bottom. Mind you, the lack of a decent road network round those parts means that by the time you've reached the place you've probably lost the will to live anyway.

We had a decent feed of scallops for lunch, it being scallop festival time. Does that mean that it was this time of year we rented thon oast house?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Wonky...that was the word I was looking for
    wobbly gobbed, wannabe gangster, Peckham c*nt

I believe I may have once used these words on AWIMB.

I guess this would be a bad time for a 'your mum' joke, right?
    No, if I am prepared to make your mum jokes, I have to be able to take them
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Calm down, old chap. Consider your age and the considerable risk of an embolism, aneurysm or potentially even anal prolapse.

I was chatting yesterday with an old chum about a dear, close mutual friend who committed hara kiri some years ago. We were both clearly struggling to understand what pushed him to his dreadful end, and, of course, couldn't, because the depths of another's despair is a place we cannot visit, or no.

Funnily enough I then went for a long walk along the cliffs at Beachy Head, looking at all the little memorials to jumpers. Did you know that deaths at the site range from 7 a year to 28? And some poor búgger has to scrape them up at the bottom. Mind you, the lack of a decent road network round those parts means that by the time you've reached the place you've probably lost the will to live anyway.

We had a decent feed of scallops for lunch, it being scallop festival time. Does that mean that it was this time of year we rented thon oast house?
    I guess it must be, yes.

Killing oneself at Beachy Head is a bit clichéd, really, isn't it? It seems odd to me that in the depths of despair, one would choose either the quickest and easiest means to hand rather than drive all that way to join a fùcking queue.

Couldn't do it myself, of course. Hate heights.