Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T20 cricket cities

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Southampton will definitely be one considering Hampshire CCC's record in the tournament.
    Also, they have the best ground, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Essex CCC are throwing a bit of a hissy fit about it all. Not sure why they thought they were ever going to get a side
    They should try playing at a grown up ground then. FFS I could hit a six there when I was about 12

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They should try playing at a grown up ground then. FFS I could hit a six there when I was about 12
    That's what they want, though, isn't it? Loads of sixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, they have the best ground, don't they?
    Define 'best'. Not really sure how it's possible to beat Lord's tbh.

Perhaps it's better than Lord's for a T20 game. You're not really allowed to do beer swilling and partying at Lord's. However, it is certainly the best place to enjoy a bottle of Bollinger and a croissant over the Telegraph at 10 in the morning and not feel out of place. At least before a test match.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Define 'best'. Not really sure how it's possible to beat Lord's tbh.

Perhaps it's better than Lord's for a T20 game. You're not really allowed to do beer swilling and partying at Lord's. However, it is certainly the best place to enjoy a bottle of Bollinger and a croissant over the Telegraph at 10 in the morning and not feel out of place. At least before a test match.
    No, I mean 'best' of the county grounds in the South East outside London. In terms of cricket watching, the Oval is still the best.

ive got the 1st round games...

London Liberals vs Cardiff Cavemen
    Birmingham Warriors vs Newcastle Nights
    Leeds Lightning vs Manchester Marauders
    Southampton Smashers vs Belfast Mayhem

Considering this ain't till 2020...if I was one of the cities I'd just tie up a deal now for the entire West Indies Under 19 team....should same them a lot of money in 2020.

No, I mean 'best' of the county grounds in the South East outside London. In terms of cricket watching, the Oval is still the best.
    Old Trafford is very good plus very easy for me to get to and from. Oval is my favourite still but I've not been to Lords

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Old Trafford is very good plus very easy for me to get to and from. Oval is my favourite still but I've not been to Lords
    Lord's is great in terms of the history, etc, but it is an awful lot of seats crammed into a relatively small area. It's rather cramped. The Oval is a big old space.

Not in London but I also really enjoy watching cricket at Trent Bridge.