Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T20 cricket cities

T20 cricket cities

Looking beyond the end of the season, does anyone know what the eight proposed cities are for the the new T20 tournament? I am guessing

London
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Edinburgh

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Looking beyond the end of the season, does anyone know what the eight proposed cities are for the the new T20 tournament? I am guessing

London
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Edinburgh

Would have thought it was too cold in chilly Jocko land, and they're not very good at cricket. Probably Nottingham instead I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Would have thought it was too cold in chilly Jocko land, and they're not very good at cricket. Probably Nottingham instead I would have thought.
    Possibly, although I think that if anything the 'eighth' place will be between Newcastle, Nottingham, Southampton and Belfast, with the Durham crowd winning the day.

London
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Edinburgh

Not enough southern cities. It'd be crazy to have only one town in the south east given that this is where the population is most dense and all the money's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not enough southern cities. It'd be crazy to have only one town in the south east given that this is where the population is most dense and all the money's here.
    There'll be something split between Sussex/Somerset based

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There'll be something split between Sussex/Somerset based
    Sorry to sound like a teacher, but do you know where Sussex and Somerset are? You may as well have something between Durham and Nottingham.!!

I reckon a combined Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds team would be fun! I really don't think that they have thought this through fully. You need at least 10 cities.

London
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Edinburgh

Nowhere in Devon or Cornwall. Hope that helps.

Sorry to sound like a teacher, but do you know where Sussex and Somerset are? You may as well have something between Durham and Nottingham.!!

You don't sound like any of my teachers to be fair. I meant to say Sussex/Southampton of course. I am well aware of where Somerset is. Just behind Middlesex usually

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Nowhere in Devon or Cornwall. Hope that helps.
    Essex CCC are throwing a bit of a hissy fit about it all. Not sure why they thought they were ever going to get a side

London
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Edinburgh

Southampton will definitely be one considering Hampshire CCC's record in the tournament.