Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what time we're supposed to trigger Article 50 tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I find her not a little intriguing in the pumpy stakes, i. She has very thin lips. And you know my theory about ladies with thin lips.
    you sir, are a deviant.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think your second point is a good one and too often overlooked. This was at heart actually a very simple issue: do we wish to be governed within the framework of the EU or not? The fact that its ramifications are complex does not alter the essential simplicity of the core issue. To say people didn't know what they were voting for is absurd - they absolutely did. That one may or may not like the various reasons they voted Leave is neither here nor there.
    Hence my reluctance to vote at the time; I was very much in favour, in theory, of exiting the EU, but concerned about the unexplained, unknown and highly complex ramifications of such a move.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you sir, are a deviant.
    ty, i. Kind of you to acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    1. But I don't think there can be anything more arbitrary than a 52-48 vote meaning victory for the 52. Because we know full well that a result of that small a margin is simply no more meaningful than tossing a coin to decide. A 60-40 victory, however, would tell us a lot more.

2. I'm surprised it would have needed me to qualify that OBVIOUSLY my idea would require a new system where you could retrospectively prove which way you originally voted in order to vote in the second referendum.
    No, I'm sorry, but it's absolutely not arbitrary in a democracy to say that a majority vote should prevail. Moving the margin to 60-40 would simply be to fix the status quo and create the potential to leave a majority feeling rightly cheated and likely to seek recourse by other means.

Right. So in a situation where voters were denied the anonymity demanded by law and the authorities were to openly break the law by tracking individual votes, you think that would be a good plan? Why?

Hence my reluctance to vote at the time; I was very much in favour, in theory, of exiting the EU, but concerned about the unexplained, unknown and highly complex ramifications of such a move.
    I knew that leaving the EU meant ensuring that the laws passed over me and those that pass them would once again be subject to democratic and electoral scrutiny rather than being imposed by diktat by an unelected foreign bureaucracy. I thought - and still think -that principle important enough to be worth protecting regardless of other ramifications.

ty, i. Kind of you to acknowledge it.
    I was thinking about shagging Nicola Sturgeon yesterday. Obviously, the thing would have to be done from behind, but might be quite fun. I imagine she makes amusing hooting noises at the point of climax.

It will be interesting, but things were going to be interesting whatever happened. There are huge issues looming over Europe right now with the potential to make Brexit look like a sideshow.
    Indeed. My old dear recovered my dad's remains from the bottom of the garden this morning, after we'd promised faithfully that we were to renounce the grain for a bit. My fault entirely, of course, but I avoided the rod as I at least made it back into the house. Lunch will be a tense affair
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I was thinking about shagging Nicola Sturgeon yesterday. Obviously, the thing would have to be done from behind, but might be quite fun. I imagine she makes amusing hooting noises at the point of climax.

One might engage in a session of 'bagpiping' for the, shall we say, lols?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I had two thoughts yesterday, one of which is not original but strikes me as sensible, that there should be a threshold for a referendum victory of something that means a 52-48 result does not automatically mean victory for the 52.

The other more original idea is that one solution to all this bickering would be to hold a second referendum on the final Brexit deal with the EU, but only among those who voted Out. Would that not be quite a neat idea?
    We could try that in the football too; a 1-0 win doesn't automatically mean victory
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

it could lead to disgusting role play. "You want another referendum? what you gonna do for it?
    Yeah that's right how much do you want that 2nd referendum"

back in 5.