Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I hope the trend of using 'Brexit' for every sort of sitation doesn't turn into

I hope the trend of using 'Brexit' for every sort of sitation doesn't turn into

another Watergate situation.

By adding gate to the end of scandal doesn't make any sense it was the name of the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

By adding gate to the end of scandal doesn't make any sense it was the name of the hotel.
    You could open a hotel called "Brexitgate". ***FREE MONEY***
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You could open a hotel called "Brexitgate". ***FREE MONEY***
    I like it, r. And when you leave, you won't just ask for the bill, you'll have to trigger Article 50 and spend years negotiating the terms of your departure with all the other guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like it, r. And when you leave, you won't just ask for the bill, you'll have to trigger Article 50 and spend years negotiating the terms of your departure with all the other guests.
    looooooooooooooool.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Well it does make sense as people now know if the suffix -gate is used it denotes a scandal - that's kind of how language works. Of course how it came about makes no sense but no one cares about it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well it does make sense as people now know if the suffix -gate is used it denotes a scandal - that's kind of how language works. Of course how it came about makes no sense but no one cares about it
    Is there a German word for "elephant-in-the-room"?

My sources say "Nein!"

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Is there a German word for "elephant-in-the-room"?

My sources say "Nein!"
    There may be but they don't like to talk about it