Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish the news outlets could find another photo.

I wish the news outlets could find another photo.

I am sick and tired of looking at that fat prick dead on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am sick and tired of looking at that fat prick dead on the floor.
    I walked down Birdcage Walk to Parliament Square yesterday afternoon. Roads were blocked off and there is still no pedestrian access to the square. Lots of tourists taking selfies as well as locals tutting because they had to detour their journey. A few people staring across towards Westminster bridge, one lady gently weeping. Huge police presence, more than at White Hart Lane when we visit. And very, very quiet, not a voice raised or a laugh or a shout, just the drone of the helicopter overhead.

Then to King Charles Street, where big notices had been put up saying 'no pedestrian access', being roundly ignored by a stead6y stream cutting through the FCO to reach Whitehall. Whitehall also closed to traffic and therefore weirdly quiet until someone behind me began screaming, really loudly. It was instantly clear which pedestrians were tourists, for they started from their reverie and began peering to see the source of the disturbance, whilst the locals took absolutely no interest and hurried on to their next appointment.

Later in the evening Soho was functioning absolutely as normal until the police started closing roads apparently at random. There was more tutting about the inconvenience but no one even asked why the roads were being closed.

I was quietly proud, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I walked down Birdcage Walk to Parliament Square yesterday afternoon. Roads were blocked off and there is still no pedestrian access to the square. Lots of tourists taking selfies as well as locals tutting because they had to detour their journey. A few people staring across towards Westminster bridge, one lady gently weeping. Huge police presence, more than at White Hart Lane when we visit. And very, very quiet, not a voice raised or a laugh or a shout, just the drone of the helicopter overhead.

Then to King Charles Street, where big notices had been put up saying 'no pedestrian access', being roundly ignored by a stead6y stream cutting through the FCO to reach Whitehall. Whitehall also closed to traffic and therefore weirdly quiet until someone behind me began screaming, really loudly. It was instantly clear which pedestrians were tourists, for they started from their reverie and began peering to see the source of the disturbance, whilst the locals took absolutely no interest and hurried on to their next appointment.

Later in the evening Soho was functioning absolutely as normal until the police started closing roads apparently at random. There was more tutting about the inconvenience but no one even asked why the roads were being closed.

I was quietly proud, overall.
    I understand the anti-Brexit march is still to go ahead tomorrow - although it still won't stop me having to meet my father in law.

How's the haircut? Do you look like a freshly-tonsured Cistercian?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I understand the anti-Brexit march is still to go ahead tomorrow - although it still won't stop me having to meet my father in law.

How's the haircut? Do you look like a freshly-tonsured Cistercian?
    Are you meeting in the west end then?

The glw is full of praise for the do, do it must be ok.

Are you meeting in the west end then?

The glw is full of praise for the do, do it must be ok.
    South Ken, so we should be safe from the unbridled fury of the Remoaners.

I've really no idea what this march is actually demonstrating about. I mean, wouldn't the time to have had a big demo about Brexit have been before the vote rather than four days before we trigger Article 50?

South Ken, so we should be safe from the unbridled fury of the Remoaners.

I've really no idea what this march is actually demonstrating about. I mean, wouldn't the time to have had a big demo about Brexit have been before the vote rather than four days before we trigger Article 50?
    They've been arguing amongst themselves about it, I see. The original demand was supposed to be 'Stop Brexit', but the organisers realised they were a bit late with this demand so changed it to 'Stop Hard Brexit', which caused the A C Grayling-type hard liners to have a meltdown.

What a waste of a day. And all that police overtime! We're paying for that.

They've been arguing amongst themselves about it, I see. The original demand was supposed to be 'Stop Brexit', but the organisers realised they were a bit late with this demand so changed it to 'Stop Hard Brexit', which caused the A C Grayling-type hard liners to have a meltdown.

What a waste of a day. And all that police overtime! We're paying for that.
    One does wonder what AC Grayling is going to do with his time once we're actually out? As far as I can make out, he's done nothing but kvetch about it since June, expending any intellectual credibility he may previously have had in the process. He'll have to go back to the day job, I guess - whatever that is.

One does wonder what AC Grayling is going to do with his time once we're actually out? As far as I can make out, he's done nothing but kvetch about it since June, expending any intellectual credibility he may previously have had in the process. He'll have to go back to the day job, I guess - whatever that is.
    I actually looked him up. He is described as a philosopher.

Nothing has made me more ashamed to be English than the revelation that, in the 21st century, in the UK, a man may earn a living as a 'philosopher'.

I actually looked him up. He is described as a philosopher.

Nothing has made me more ashamed to be English than the revelation that, in the 21st century, in the UK, a man may earn a living as a 'philosopher'.
    I know. One expects these things from the French and other European types, of course. They think life is a puzzle that can be solved by the big idea - which is what has got them into so much trouble down the years. We, on the other hand, are a pragmatic people who find the idea of people being paid to sit around thinking and spouting nonsense rightly absurd.

I know. One expects these things from the French and other European types, of course. They think life is a puzzle that can be solved by the big idea - which is what has got them into so much trouble down the years. We, on the other hand, are a pragmatic people who find the idea of people being paid to sit around thinking and spouting nonsense rightly absurd.
    I am afraid that this feckless fool has been encouraged and supported by universities.

I believe you know my views on these seething hotbeds of Marxists and overaged schoolchildren, b. Come the New Regime I shall have each and every one razed to the ground, their books burnt and their 'teachers' executed.

Only in this way can we hope to rebuild our citizenry's diluted blood and strength. The English Folk must be hard and pure!