Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish the news outlets could find another photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am afraid that this feckless fool has been encouraged and supported by universities.

I believe you know my views on these seething hotbeds of Marxists and overaged schoolchildren, b. Come the New Regime I shall have each and every one razed to the ground, their books burnt and their 'teachers' executed.

Only in this way can we hope to rebuild our citizenry's diluted blood and strength. The English Folk must be hard and pure!
    Yes. Even as the left is defeated in open democratic battle, it retreats to its fastnesses in the media, academia and the public sector. It must be extirpated root and branch until there is nowhere left for these spavined vermin to hide! We must not rest until no leftist is free to infect the minds of our youth with their filth! Raise high the banners! No mercy! No mercy!

You must excuse me, I appear to be frothing at the mouth somewhat.

I am afraid that this feckless fool has been encouraged and supported by universities.

I believe you know my views on these seething hotbeds of Marxists and overaged schoolchildren, b. Come the New Regime I shall have each and every one razed to the ground, their books burnt and their 'teachers' executed.

Only in this way can we hope to rebuild our citizenry's diluted blood and strength. The English Folk must be hard and pure!
    I thought your universities, or at least some of them, were a source of some national pride, global envy some may suggest (not I).

Personally I have never held a lot of faith in third level education. For some a worthy experience and one that society benefits from however for the vast majority simply an excuse to do **** all for 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Personally I have never held a lot of faith in third level education. For some a worthy experience and one that society benefits from however for the vast majority simply an excuse to do **** all for 3-4 years.
    I would shut down all poncey 'arts' subjects -such as the appaling-named social 'sciences' plus stuff like history and literature which people can study for a hobby if they're interested, and focus on science, technology, business and languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We, on the other hand, are a pragmatic people who find the idea of people being paid to sit around thinking and spouting nonsense rightly absurd.
    I dunno, don't we call them Op-Ed writers?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought your universities, or at least some of them, were a source of some national pride, global envy some may suggest (not I).

There is a time for a chap to go to school; let's say between 10 and 16. During this period he may be taught the basic, essential skills: reading, writing, Latin and the preferable vintage years for clarets and Burgundies.

Now our young man is fully equipped for a life of toil and service to his family and comrades in arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Even as the left is defeated in open democratic battle, it retreats to its fastnesses in the media, academia and the public sector. It must be extirpated root and branch until there is nowhere left for these spavined vermin to hide! We must not rest until no leftist is free to infect the minds of our youth with their filth! Raise high the banners! No mercy! No mercy!

You must excuse me, I appear to be frothing at the mouth somewhat.
    Hunt them down like the rabid dogs they are.

We shall have no truck with barbarous devices like concentration camps or re-education facilities. Each leftist shall be donated a single 7.62 mm round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I dunno, don't we call them Op-Ed writers?
    I have regularly bemoaned the vast growth in such people. Once upon a time, a newspaper had an editorial that told a chap what to think about the weighty matters of the day, a letters page as an outlet for the mad and that was it. Now the world and his wife wants to vomit their opinion all over a chap's newspaper. Dreadful business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I would shut down all poncey 'arts' subjects -such as the appaling-named social 'sciences' plus stuff like history and literature which people can study for a hobby if they're interested, and focus on science, technology, business and languages.
    Better include "languages" in your hitlist too, imo. Unless you want wine waiters and opera critics to be university-educated too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Are you trying to sound like Joseph Goebbels here, Charles?

Well played, if so.

"The trouble with you, Spode, is that just because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of half-wits to disfigure the London scene by going about in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting "Heil, Spode!" and you imagine it is the Voice of the People. That is where you make your bloomer. What the Voice of the People is saying is: "Look at that frightful ass Spode swánking about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher?""