Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So it seems that it was the Defence Secretary's Close Protection Officer who shot

So it seems that it was the Defence Secretary's Close Protection Officer who shot

the guy yesterday. And he was only there by chance because the Defence Secretary was in the HoC. This suggests that, had that not been the case, there may not have been an armed officer on hand to stop him before he got into Parliament itself. Seems a little lax, doesn't it?

The entry / exit point from where the Allan was shot would be the Great Hall. There is usually a tooled up police person near the door in there.

Which of course begs the question, wtf were they doing at the time?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    the guy yesterday. And he was only there by chance because the Defence Secretary was in the HoC. This suggests that, had that not been the case, there may not have been an armed officer on hand to stop him before he got into Parliament itself. Seems a little lax, doesn't it?
    There may have been other armed officers there but reacted most quickly?

I want to know how many rounds hit him

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There may have been other armed officers there but reacted most quickly?

I want to know how many rounds hit him
    Three were fired, but even if all three hit the torso, there's every chance of surviving that (for a bit at least) if they were only 9mm handgun rounds.
    Not like the good old days in Gibraltar when they shot each of them about 15 times.

Three were fired, but even if all three hit the torso, there's every chance of surviving that (for a bit at least) if they were only 9mm handgun rounds.
    Not like the good old days in Gibraltar when they shot each of them about 15 times.
    Were they not plain clothes officers that fired on him? If what you've said above is true then there are some very serious questions that need answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Were they not plain clothes officers that fired on him? If what you've said above is true then there are some very serious questions that need answering.
    Yes. Which would tend to support the suggestion it was a CPO rather than your standard armed copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The only reason the gate was open was because he was about to leave the premises, so the fact it was his officers that fired means nothing, they were the closest so the most likely to react first.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yes. Which would tend to support the suggestion it was a CPO rather than your standard armed copper.
    I've got a hairdo this afternoon. I'm going to get caught up in Sadiq's Trafalgar Square mawkfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got a hairdo this afternoon. I'm going to get caught up in Sadiq's Trafalgar Square mawkfest.
    Ugh. Just make sure you're being suitably defiant in getting your haircut. The terrorists can never win while you fearlessly get your barnet bouffed.

Ugh. Just make sure you're being suitably defiant in getting your haircut. The terrorists can never win while you fearlessly get your barnet bouffed.
    Fear not. Ross and I are going to stand strong against ISIS, armed with a pair of scissors and a hair dryer. But a salon strength hairdryer, mark you. They blow quite the heat gale.

I'm considering a more age-appropriate do.