Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Definitely one for Ash this

Definitely one for Ash this

(nicked from Twitter)

REPORTER, WALKING UP REGENT ST: One can only imagine what Londoners are thinking now

LONDONERS: why is this prick walking SO SLOWLY

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    (nicked from Twitter)

REPORTER, WALKING UP REGENT ST: One can only imagine what Londoners are thinking now

LONDONERS: why is this prick walking SO SLOWLY
    There was mention of a US TV news crew doing a piece to camera, all "This is a city under siege, no one knows where the next strike will happen" when into shot wanders a lad strolling by eating a bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There was mention of a US TV news crew doing a piece to camera, all "This is a city under siege, no one knows where the next strike will happen" when into shot wanders a lad strolling by eating a bag of chips.
    My overriding memory of atrocities in London was that everyone just went to the pub. wd the pub

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    My overriding memory of atrocities in London was that everyone just went to the pub. wd the pub
    Pretty much my memory of 7/7

There are two types of attacks on London

One that happens and you go the pub
    One that happens while you are already there

There was a bomb scare at Westminister once when we were walking in the door having just returned from lunch. D being the B P of V, we turned on our heels and returned whence we had come.

Well done, the pub, indeed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Much better in the old days before social media and the likes.

I remember the Bishopsgate bomb and only finding out about it quite late the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by luis anaconda View Post
    (nicked from twitter)

reporter, walking up regent st: One can only imagine what londoners are thinking now

londoners: Why is this prick walking so slowly
    looooooooooooooooool!

One of those "Where were you?" questions:

Which pub were you in when the 1996 Docklands Bomb went off? It was a friday, after all, and I remember hearing/feeling it from the basement of Dirty Dick's by Liverpool Street Station.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Which pub were you in when the 1996 Docklands Bomb went off? It was a friday, after all, and I remember hearing/feeling it from the basement of Dirty Dick's by Liverpool Street Station.
    I was doing my journalism course at the time so down in Mitcham - in the Goat, not the most salubrious of venues but regular haunt of Kevin "Tosh from the Bill" Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I was living in Rotherhithe and we thought someone was moaning about the volume of Pete Tong's essential selection and banging on the door.....anyway, we went to the pub downstairs