Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It has to be said that the picture of the Muslim girl on Westminster Bridge yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I've always thought that Portcullis House was designed without being sympathetic to the architecture of the Palace of Westminster buildings across the road.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I've always thought that Portcullis House was designed without being sympathetic to the architecture of the Palace of Westminster buildings across the road.
    Oh? I didn't notice, to be honest.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ah, I see. I looked at that photo and thought that she seemed slightly shocked and was behaving as I probably would have.

As Burney says, hate filled c*nts

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmmmm. I'd say that if you look at a picture of a scared, panicked and clearly upset kid and what you see is a callous, uncaring radical Islamic terrorist sympathiser, you probably have more than your fair share of hate.
    It may resonate because we just don't know. There is definitely a perception that 'moderate' Muslims are allowing radicalisation to fester within their communities without speaking out or acting against it. We know the huge numbers of victims of FGM whose assaulters are never brought to justice. We know that people close to yesterday's attacker would have heard and known of his views and protected him.

Whether that particular kid is scared and upset isn't really relevant today. She simply stands as a symbol for the hundreds of thousands of her compatriots who turn their faces away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It may resonate because we just don't know. There is definitely a perception that 'moderate' Muslims are allowing radicalisation to fester within their communities without speaking out or acting against it. We know the huge numbers of victims of FGM whose assaulters are never brought to justice. We know that people close to yesterday's attacker would have heard and known of his views and protected him.

Whether that particular kid is scared and upset isn't really relevant today. She simply stands as a symbol for the hundreds of thousands of her compatriots who turn their faces away.
    People aren't symbols. They're people. And when you start treating them as symbols or projecting your anger, prejudices and fears onto individuals, you're on a fvcking slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ah, I see. I looked at that photo and thought that she seemed slightly shocked and was behaving as I probably would have.

As Burney says, hate filled c*nts
    You signal that virtue hard, Saintlyboy!

By the way, don't you find it amusing when people object to those who are 'hate-filled' by referring to them as ****s? Is **** a term of endearment or empathy round your way?

Fat Gay Men?

A person can have views on a matter, picking up a knife or carrying an explosive device perhaps a whole different matter. I would have known hundreds of IRA sympathisers when I was young, only a handful were ever actually involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    People aren't symbols. They're people. And when you start treating them as symbols or projecting your anger, prejudices and fears onto individuals, you're on a fvcking slippery slope.
    I simply tried to explain why people might have such an emotional response to the photograph. There's no need to go around spitting feathers about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fat Gay Men?

A person can have views on a matter, picking up a knife or carrying an explosive device perhaps a whole different matter. I would have known hundreds of IRA sympathisers when I was young, only a handful were ever actually involved.
    Yes, but knowing about it and doing nothing is just as bad as doing it. You see that, don't you?

Yes, but knowing about it and doing nothing is just as bad as doing it. You see that, don't you?
    Knowing about what exactly?

A person who knew this bloke yesterday was planning an attack yes, a person who knew he had radical views or sympathies I am less sure.