Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I shall be meeting my father-in-law for the first time on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    what sort of cünt never drinks?
    The sort that wants to tell you he never drinks, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Blimey. I'd have assumed that if you married a septic you'd get a secptic passport as a result.

He'll have to do the decent thing and go back to Dubai or change his phone number and never think of her again.
    Nigeria's not so bad anyway.

So I gather.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Blimey. I'd have assumed that if you married a septic you'd get a secptic passport as a result.

He'll have to do the decent thing and go back to Dubai or change his phone number and never think of her again.
    He's not a US citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Nigeria's not so bad anyway.

So I gather.
    I wonder how much has changed in the last 10 years, because in the early 2000s, when a friend of mine did a two year tour in Lagos, it was like being in a living nightmare, according to him. And he'd done time in Kiev and Almaty, so he knows a ****hole when he sees one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    He's not a US citizen.
    Right. But he thought he'd get a Nigerian woman in with him anyway?

What is he, as thick as mince?

I wonder how much has changed in the last 10 years, because in the early 2000s, when a friend of mine did a two year tour in Lagos, it was like being in a living nightmare, according to him. And he'd done time in Kiev and Almaty, so he knows a ****hole when he sees one.
    It's yer typical African hellhole but with added religious lunacy and too much loose raw commodities cash .

Right. But he thought he'd get a Nigerian woman in with him anyway?

What is he, as thick as mince?
    He wasn't intending to go back to the US until he got sacked from a job in Dubai. Returning there was pretty much his only choice.

My father-in-law's just announced his 24-year-old sex-trafficked, FGM'd Nigerian wife is pregnant. He's just been sacked from a job in Dubai and moved back to the US to take another job. To no-one's surprise, her efforts to acquire a US visa so she can join him have been declined and she's now stuck in Dubai, alone, pregnant, jobless and on borrowed time before she gets turfed back to Nigeria.
    Sounds like a result on his part, tbf.

He wasn't intending to go back to the US until he got sacked from a job in Dubai. Returning there was pretty much his only choice.
    Why? If he's not a septic, why is the US his only option? This whole story makes fúck all sense.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's yer typical African hellhole but with added religious lunacy and too much loose raw commodities cash .
    Hmm, in Dar or Nairobi or Lusaka an expat doesn't need a team of bodyguards to wander down the street.

I'm going to have to come out and say it. West Africa isn't anywhere near as nice as east Africa.