Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Poldi. The manshaft's third highest scorer, won a world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

It's all about pastoral care nowadays, Ash. Master WES has a housemaster, assistant housemaster, matron and multiple tutors to support him as he transitions into a fine, educated young man. Transgressions result in lines and extra work around the school, no bullying, no abuse, no emotional assaults and certainly no buggery.

And the world is a better place for it, oh yes.
    Jesus H Christ. I hate this world.

It's all about pastoral care nowadays, Ash. Master WES has a housemaster, assistant housemaster, matron and multiple tutors to support him as he transitions into a fine, educated young man. Transgressions result in lines and extra work around the school, no bullying, no abuse, no emotional assaults and certainly no buggery.

And the world is a better place for it, oh yes.
    It's as though people have forgotten that school is actually supposed to be a preparation for life, in which shïtty, unfair things happen all the time and people say nasty things to you. The key lesson school is supposed to teach you is survival in a hostile environment. I feel sorry for these kids when the chill wind of reality hits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's as though people have forgotten that school is actually supposed to be a preparation for life, in which shïtty, unfair things happen all the time and people say nasty things to you. The key lesson school is supposed to teach you is survival in a hostile environment. I feel sorry for these kids when the chill wind of reality hits them.
    Of course if life throws them unemployment or illness or tragedy or divorce they'll simply demand a safe space to sit it out in and wait for someone else to sort out their problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Girls are a mere detail. Apparently no one gets a good hiding any more, from teachers or other pupils! It's fúcking ridiculous.

We're churning out generations of faggots who don't know how to take a punch and get back up.
    I remember getting into a fight at school during lunch and there wasn't a teacher within half a mile to intervene. We kept punching each other in the face until we grew tired of the business and could no longer remember what we were fighting about. We got on famously after that. Lovely chap, he was. Years later, we used to take mushrooms together and he, being a good climber, would proceed to climb up brick walls. Matt something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh that stuff still happens, boys will be boys after all. One house at Master WES's school had 4 boys expelled last year for some seriously nasty behaviour. And they get held to account for their behaviour and performance in a way that would never happen in a modern business environment so there is no shortage of real life preparation.

It's the more institutionalised nastiness that has been removed and replaced by, get ready for it, a sense of social responsibility. Well mannered, educated, ambitious and socially responsible young gentlemen is the school's goal. None of which requires abuse and buggery imo.

Oh that stuff still happens, boys will be boys after all. One house at Master WES's school had 4 boys expelled last year for some seriously nasty behaviour. And they get held to account for their behaviour and performance in a way that would never happen in a modern business environment so there is no shortage of real life preparation.

It's the more institutionalised nastiness that has been removed and replaced by, get ready for it, a sense of social responsibility. Well mannered, educated, ambitious and socially responsible young gentlemen is the school's goal. None of which requires abuse and buggery imo.
    There's too much expulsion these days. In my day you virtually had to kill someone or be running a cocaine cartel to get expelled. Now they do it for smoking or bullying and piddling shït like that. And they encourage grassing. It's disgusting. My old deputy head used to regard anyone who came blubbing to him about somebody bullying them or such with withering contempt. He'd send them on their way with a flea in their ear and the instruction to sort it out themselves and never darken his door again.

Proper order.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-22-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Interesting. Does the world strike you as a more socially responsible, well-mannered and educated place nowadays then?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have a Pat Vegas type question.

Bloke who has recently started in my office has such an annoying loud guffaw of a laugh I am thinking of looking for another job just to get away from him. Not seriously, as I don't want another job at this point, but he just makes me think about it. Asking him not to laugh is probably not on either as it seems rather intolerant. Have you ever been in this situation?
    Nest time he laughs I would laugh just like him but even louder
    He will slowly get the message
    If he questions your laugh tell him he is a fine one to talk and deck him
    Solved
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Interesting. Does the world strike you as a more socially responsible, well-mannered and educated place nowadays then?
    In many ways I think it is. The 70's were a bit grim, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In many ways I think it is. The 70's were a bit grim, you know.
    There's certainly a discussion to be had there; much of the world's prospects are still fairly grim. In fact, I'm not even feeling too sanguine about my own prospects for lunch, let alone the future of the species
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."