Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Poldi. The manshaft's third highest scorer, won a world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - almost stranger to see people going on into their late 30s/early 40s. I can understand that not wanting to stop playing but keeping up the training slog day after day must be incredibly hard if you are set for life
    Training slog? Surely we've all seen the pictures and clips of Arsenal players gently jogging for a few seconds at the training sessions between the actual day's work of having a laugh with each other. Perhaps this is where our club is going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If you had packed them off to a decent boarding school as I advised you to some years ago, you wouldn't be faced with these difficulties. They would be leearning the important lessons in life, such as surviving cold showers, merciless brutality on the rugby pitch, and being sexually molested by predatory *****philes with mind-numbing halitosis.
    And yet somehow this sort of brutality is considered a priviledge in our society. Not sure why that is. Presumably because one's father has paid for all this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And yet somehow this sort of brutality is considered a priviledge in our society. Not sure why that is. Presumably because one's father has paid for all this to happen.
    I very much regret to report, a, that some recent contact with my old school and some of my old teachers confirms to me that this model actually died during the middle of the 80s. No more corporal punishment, for a start. No fagging. The crumbling Victorian pile entirely lacking in any form of measurable heating is now like a 5 star hotel, with deep carpets and plasma screens everywhere.

They'll be churning out pansies, you mark my words.

.. because one's father has paid for all this to happen.
    Yes, it's called breeding. You can't beat good breeding.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Training slog? Surely we've all seen the pictures and clips of Arsenal players gently jogging for a few seconds at the training sessions between the actual day's work of having a laugh with each other. Perhaps this is where our club is going wrong?
    I agree. Especially as keeping fit, jogging, gyming, healthy eating and what-have-you are popular lifestyle choices nowadays anyway, for those with the time and money and even for those without. And not just for professional sportsfolk.

Whatever you may think of it, they are coming for you too. Does HR 1313 mean anything to you? It ought to #SiegHealth!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I very much regret to report, a, that some recent contact with my old school and some of my old teachers confirms to me that this model actually died during the middle of the 80s. No more corporal punishment, for a start. No fagging. The crumbling Victorian pile entirely lacking in any form of measurable heating is now like a 5 star hotel, with deep carpets and plasma screens everywhere.

So what you're saying is that blokes of around our age were the last to experience the 19th century system of beating, bullying, ritual humiliation and torture, designed to turn out sadistic monsters to run the empire and which Hitler took as the model for the Hitler Youth.

WES minor doesn't know how lucky he is.

So what you're saying is that blokes of around our age were the last to experience the 19th century system of beating, bullying, ritual humiliation and torture, designed to turn out sadistic monsters to run the empire and which Hitler took as the model for the Hitler Youth.

We were indeed, which is why everything went down the shítter when the next generation of wimps came to power

If David Cameron had been locked into a cabin trunk and thrown down some stairs for blubbing for his mummy when he was 9, this country would be ina far better state.

There's bloody girls in your sixth form! Half my daughter's mates go there. Bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There's bloody girls in your sixth form! Half my daughter's mates go there. Bad business.
    Girls are a mere detail. Apparently no one gets a good hiding any more, from teachers or other pupils! It's fúcking ridiculous.

We're churning out generations of faggots who don't know how to take a punch and get back up.

It's all about pastoral care nowadays, Ash. Master WES has a housemaster, assistant housemaster, matron and multiple tutors to support him as he transitions into a fine, educated young man. Transgressions result in lines and extra work around the school, no bullying, no abuse, no emotional assaults and certainly no buggery.

And the world is a better place for it, oh yes.