Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poldi. The manshaft's third highest scorer, won a world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's not so bad in itself, of course; they learn bugger all at school nowadays, in any case. No, the thing is, two of his little brothers have insisted on accompanying him, so I shall really be for it when their mother finds out.

And it's no good explaining truthfully that it's not my fault (I did take the precaution of getting the young criminals to swear faithfully that they wouldn't finger me for having fronted the score). Kids *love* Poldi.

Dumme Männer, you see. Dummer Fußball. Boys will be boys and a' that
    If you had packed them off to a decent boarding school as I advised you to some years ago, you wouldn't be faced with these difficulties. They would be leearning the important lessons in life, such as surviving cold showers, merciless brutality on the rugby pitch, and being sexually molested by predatory *****philes with mind-numbing halitosis.

Think on, r. I don't dole out my wisdom for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - almost stranger to see people going on into their late 30s/early 40s. I can understand that not wanting to stop playing but keeping up the training slog day after day must be incredibly hard if you are set for life
    I always presumed that, but, on the other hand, what else would they do; they love playing football and playing, even training, with other professionals is surely the only way they can guarantee a decent game, adequate competition.

The wife has got her own life, so have the kids; your other mates are all working stiffs etc. and so on..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Theo strikes me as the sort of person who becomes unfathomably excited by the prospect of a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit.
    One day after he retires, a friend should organise him a big weekend in a hotel suite with 5 grams of gack and two Ukrainian hookers.

The realisation that he has wasted 15 years of his life might be terminal

I always presumed that, but, on the other hand, what else would they do; they love playing football and playing, even training, with other professionals is surely the only way they can guarantee a decent game, adequate competition.

The wife has got her own life, so have the kids; your other mates are all working stiffs etc. and so on..
    There are a surprising number of players who don't love football at all. Some actively dislike it. They just happen to be good at it and it pays well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If you had packed them off to a decent boarding school as I advised you to some years ago, you wouldn't be faced with these difficulties. They would be leearning the important lessons in life, such as surviving cold showers, merciless brutality on the rugby pitch, and being sexually molested by predatory *****philes with mind-numbing halitosis.

Think on, r. I don't dole out my wisdom for fun.
    Quite right. It won't be happening twice. The first one appears to have successfully escaped the what was coming to him (always mummy's boys, that sort. Would certainly blub). The following ones are certainly for the high jump though. Their ganny's former business partner is a big man in Harrow ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quite right. It won't be happening twice. The first one appears to have successfully escaped the what was coming to him (always mummy's boys, that sort. Would certainly blub). The following ones are certainly for the high jump though. Their ganny's former business partner is a big man in Harrow ..
    Oh, I couldn't recommend the other place. No, no, that wouldn't do at all.

You don't want them to turn out pansies, do you? (NTTAWWI)

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There are a surprising number of players who don't love football at all. Some actively dislike it. They just happen to be good at it and it pays well.
    Of course, but having made their names in football it's the only environment in which they enjoy real status. Up west at the opera or the theatre, Wenger would be just another mug-punter or know-nothing-****. However, at Swindon Town Seconds v Supermarine Reserves, or even at El Clasico, He is royalty.

Practically unavoidable, I'm sorry to say. Eurotrash.

Yes, Harrow would be a very bad choice. Problem with Eton is that Little Master WES assures me they are 'scum'.

Plus, you want a boarding school a little more out in the country, red. Put some steel in them, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, Harrow would be a very bad choice. Problem with Eton is that Little Master WES assures me they are 'scum'.

Plus, you want a boarding school a little more out in the country, red. Put some steel in them, so to speak.
    That would never get past the censors as they won't have heard of it, whatever it was