Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poldi. The manshaft's third highest scorer, won a world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I can't really find anything.

I found the EU blacklist it's quite funny what sort of airlines come out of Africa.

In Congo there is a airline called Canadian Airways
    There used to be plenty of Russian and Ukrainians on there. Perhaps they've sorted themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Been playing regularly since he was 17 at the highest level. Seems a thing with that generation - Lahm is quitting entirely at the age of 33 (having quit internationals at 30). Per quit the national team at 29. Schweini is only 32 and going to America having quit Die Mannschaft last year. Neuer retired from all football during the second half of the game at the Emirates but changed his mind before anyone noticed
    Think we'll see it more and more with the money they're now earning. You see it in the NFL as well, with players walking away around the age of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Been playing regularly since he was 17 at the highest level. Seems a thing with that generation - Lahm is quitting entirely at the age of 33 (having quit internationals at 30). Per quit the national team at 29. Schweini is only 32 and going to America having quit Die Mannschaft last year. Neuer retired from all football during the second half of the game at the Emirates but changed his mind before anyone noticed
    I suppose the drugs took a terrible toll on their bodies, la. Perhaps that's why googly-eyes has retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A left foot like a traction engine and further such cliches. Personally I used to love watching him, but there was always the suspicion of, how shall I put it, a lack of enthusiasm for movement around the pitch.

And packing it all in at 31. Bizarre.
    Fellow just liked kicking a ball really hard and scoring goals. Can't blame him. Who wants to run around?

A very, very strange career.
    and a character to boot.

not like the incredibly beige Walcott and Ramsey...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and a character to boot.

not like the incredibly beige Walcott and Ramsey...
    very capable footballers but personalities they are not. Imagine a day at the races with Theo and Aaron :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    very capable footballers but personalities they are not. Imagine a day at the races with Theo and Aaron :-/
    Theo strikes me as the sort of person who becomes unfathomably excited by the prospect of a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit.

More importantly, my son is skiving off school to go to the game.

That's not so bad in itself, of course; they learn bugger all at school nowadays, in any case. No, the thing is, two of his little brothers have insisted on accompanying him, so I shall really be for it when their mother finds out.

And it's no good explaining truthfully that it's not my fault (I did take the precaution of getting the young criminals to swear faithfully that they wouldn't finger me for having fronted the score). Kids *love* Poldi.

Dumme Männer, you see. Dummer Fußball. Boys will be boys and a' that

Never made any impact for us at all and now, aged just 31, is off to play in Japan.

A very, very strange career.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I can't really find anything.

I found the EU blacklist it's quite funny what sort of airlines come out of Africa.

In Congo there is a airline called Canadian Airways
    The legendary "Mumbo Jumbo Airways". These tinpot little African countries just rent the aircraft and change the livery to make it look like they own them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Think we'll see it more and more with the money they're now earning. You see it in the NFL as well, with players walking away around the age of 30.
    Yep - almost stranger to see people going on into their late 30s/early 40s. I can understand that not wanting to stop playing but keeping up the training slog day after day must be incredibly hard if you are set for life