Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyway, to return to one of my ongoing bugbears

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    they don't need your help, sc http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39322517
    Danielle van de Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's the way they tiptoe around how pîssed off the actual female weightlifter is that makes me laugh.
    Could you show me that bit please? I skimmed through looking for the reaction of the actual female weighlifters but didn't see it at all.

Trey Parker & Matt Stone should be all over that for an episode next series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Could you show me that bit please? I skimmed through looking for the reaction of the actual female weighlifters but didn't see it at all.
    This bit. No direct quotes, you'll note. I'm prepared to bet she's a lot more pīssed off than this.

Hubbard's emergence as an international-calibre lifter last year forced Lambrechs to drop to a lower weight division, shedding 17kg in order to meet the 90kg class. Lambrechs, who won bronze at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014, admitted she was initially upset by being knocked off the top rung in the rankings by Hubbard, but she is trying to take a positive approach to her competitive future.

This bit. No direct quotes, you'll note. I'm prepared to bet she's a lot more pīssed off than this.

Hubbard's emergence as an international-calibre lifter last year forced Lambrechs to drop to a lower weight division, shedding 17kg in order to meet the 90kg class. Lambrechs, who won bronze at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014, admitted she was initially upset by being knocked off the top rung in the rankings by Hubbard, but she is trying to take a positive approach to her competitive future.
    Looks like we'll have to wait until womens' sport is significantly dominated by men, then we'll see if the feminists have any balls.