Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearly had to kick my radio in listening to the Today programme this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The chap who murdered Louis Mountbatten got out, didn't he? I wonder how Her Majesty felt, having to shake hands with McGuinness.
    She's shaken hands with worse, I suppose. She knows it's the job.

Mind you, I imagine she burnt the gloves afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Mind you, I imagine she burnt the gloves afterwards.
    Yes, but she was close to Louis. He was like a second father to Charles.

The IRA then went on to pursue war for nearly a quarter of a century more because they didn't want civil rights, equality and peace, they wanted the Brits out and they believed they could achieve that by violence. They couldn't. Ergo, they lost.
    British troops left NI 10 years ago so I would say the Brits are out. The leading figures of the enemy were then invited to the table and afforded positions of power in the democratic apparatus which hardly equates to military defeat. Be rather like offering Heydrich a seat in the The Cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    At some point, everybody just wants to move on, I think, and that seems to be part of that process.
    Businesslike formalities are one thing, but we've got arseholes like Cambell and Blair calling him 'a great guy' and 'very tender'. Corbyn said he was 'a great family man'.

Number 10's statement got it about right. Never calls him a total shïtbag, but by not saying he's not makes it clear he probably was.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...tin-mcguinness

Yes, but she was close to Louis. He was like a second father to Charles.
    Probably was his father, you know how these so-called royals like to put it about.

The dead bloke probably climbed up on Lizzie at one her garden parties which are essentially swinging events.

The Det. Special forces surveillance detachment. I don't know if they continued operations after Ireland.
    Will you stop it with these fúcking abbreviations and acronyms! - what is Det. supposed to mean?

And who is that in your picture thingy in the very splendid hat?

Businesslike formalities are one thing, but we've got arseholes like Cambell and Blair calling him 'a great guy' and 'very tender'. Corbyn said he was 'a great family man'.

Number 10's statement got it about right. Never calls him a total shïtbag, but by not saying he's not makes it clear he probably was.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...tin-mcguinness
    Oh, I agree, but that's just politics; they're all in it together. Like footballers.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Probably was his father, you know how these so-called royals like to put it about.

The dead bloke probably climbed up on Lizzie at one her garden parties which are essentially swinging events.
    Please don't say that; my own parents were regular guests at those functions

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Will you stop it with these fúcking abbreviations and acronyms! - what is Det. supposed to mean?

And who is that in your picture thingy in the very splendid hat?
    14 Intelligence Company, known as The Det, undercover loonies who collected intelligence for MI5 and undermined the Ra

It's Tim McGraw, a fine singer of both types of music, country and western.